Twins give Retiring Yankee Pitcher Rocking Chair made of bats he broke
Well, at least it wasn’t me that bought it this time.I made a gavel and striker on commission from some of the Indian Dontknow I use for a lot of my projects (post on that to follow).I had emailed the customer to let them know they could pick it up.I told the wife they would come over the weekend and she said “You should make a case for it.” I told her that would be more cost, and I haven’t done a case before so it would take about, oh, a year for me to get it figured ...
After picking up the Chinese elm logs the other day, I noticed hours later they were rapidly beginning to check. I headed out a few hours after that to seal them up, and of course, a few hours later it was raining. The not-yet-dry Anchorseal began to wash away: My truck bed ran white with wax: And so did my driveway: The following day I moved the pieces to the back yard, shortly before it began to rain again. I put them under the Hollywood junipers, where the thick fo...
Gang, Like a few of you, I bought the FWW “Editors Pick” Triton MOFOO1 2.25 HP Router for use in my router table. That was about 18 months ago. Despite light use, the lift mechanism quickly broke. Triton (now owned by HTC) was apologetic and helpful with replacement parts. The culprit is a NYLON (wow, what a dumb design choice) worm drive. The worm drive strips when you lift the router a few times—-because there is too much downward pressure on the router from ...
As I mentioned in my recent workbench blog, I had used inverted dovetail joinery to connect the skirt of the benchtop to the endcap. just like Arabian Nights, there are 1001 stories why joinery can get screwed up- mine were rushing + miscalculating + lack of experience + other. All of these matter not, and the end result is a misaligned, crooked, awfully looking, and unacceptable dovetail fit: you can plainly see the tearout and large gaps between the mating parts, and the misalignment on ...
Earlier this week I ended up with some scrap baltic birch ply, and cut it into squares with the band saw. I sanded the faces a bit and glued them all together overnight with Titebond III and a Bessey K-Body clamp: A little turning later: And I was starting to get a wine glass shape: That’s probably where I should have stopped. I knew that going thin-stem with the plywood in this orientation was asking for trouble, but I just kept going anyway, mad with power: ...
Because time is flying, it’s already 3 months ago that a car ran into a telephone pole (and street light) outside my office building, knocking it (them) down. I ran out and got some streetside safety gear, and my little electric chainsaw. Here I am, making all of that look too tiny: With no accessible outlet anywhere nearby (and no truck yet with bed-outlet), I had to settle for my Irwin carpenter saw. The pole was all hollow inside from rot and bugs when I sn...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1563 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 96 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- ScrollSaw Information and Resources - 68 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1588 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 395 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 276 entries
- William - 258 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- shipwright - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 199 entries
- stefang - 188 entries
- Rustic - 188 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 181 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 175 entries