I’ve been fiddlin around with this…. expermenting. Had a few pieces of Oak n Walnut layin round. It needs glued, sanded, and finished still. I used 2 different sized woods on the front, back and sides. I finally got a chance to get the “Router Fence System” from Woodline out that I purchased at the WIA show in Sept. I’m real happy with this product. Hope I’ll have more boxes in my future projects. WOW! I can’t believe this was 100 days ago...
When a viewer sent me a comment asking if I could make a First Aid Cabinet for the workshop, I thought to myself. “Yea what a perfect project to do”, because I am setting up the new shop, and it was the one thing missing. The First aid Cabinet was made almost entirely out of Pallet Wood. Oh yea! my first Pallet Project! http://www.asimpledesignofocala.com – Websitehttp://www.ufoww.com – The United Federation of Woodworkers Member Sitehttp://www.twitter...
I’m a member of the Gwinnett Woodworkers Association. We have classes on a variety of woodworking topics virtually ever Saturday. Most of the presentations are now recorded and uploaded to YouTube. Recently I did a presentation using the Incra I-Box box joint jig. The video has been uploaded to YouTube and I thought some of you might be interested in seeing it. Here is the link All of our classes are recorded live and unscripted. Should you be in the Atlanta area on a Saturday ...
We don’t do anything small. Not even crosscut sleds! This one has extendable fences, zero clearance inserts, micro-adjusters and three attachable jigs for finger joints, splined miters, half laps, bridle joints, tenons and more! This is part two- where I demonstrate all of the attachments. You can get detailed instructions for the project here. PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL! And visit our website- it’s how we support the show! To enter to win our monthly tool ...
Summer is over and work, my business and life in gerneral have taken almost all my time. And my chair project have slowed down considerable. But in shorter periods i have had time in the workshop and done as much as possible. This is a compilation of 6 weeks: Last time we left about here: This looked cool but i was not totally satisfied. Things i wanted to improve was:- The back rest. It is too low and somehow just not´right´ - The general feel of the chair. Is it a little too static?-...
Kind of a sad topic, but so it is. A good friend of ours died a couple of months ago and her husband commissioned me to make some cedar boxes for her and her sister. The sister died 2 years before, also from breast cancer. They were both still in their 50s.He provided the wood and asked for plain wooden boxes. Humph- I don’t DO plain, so I figured I’d do what I wanted and just charge him for plain boxes.These are the pieces of 1’ x 1” boards after I planed, sawed them,...
I have finally completed the case. What took so long was making each drawer. Because I am still new to woodworking I make little mistakes here and there. These mistakes made it impossible to cut out all the pieces for each drawer in uniform size. I had to custom size each drawer. I have none the less completed them all have moved all of my board games into the case, which fits perfectly. I am going on a road trip and will be bringing my new case with me. So the case will be getting a real tes...
I plan on building a 2×12 speaker cabinet to mate with my most current tube amplifier build. My 4th son is due tomorrow so I will be on leave for the next few weeks and I’m hoping, on my free time, to get some pictures of my progress posted and walk through the process via these blogs. Next Post: The Design
Awhile back, I was experimenting with designs for a type of lap easel for my Mom. Mom had hurt herself at work awhile back and she has difficulty doing a lot of walking. So she was looking into a hobby that she could do while stretched out or sitting on a recliner. She recently developed an interest in drawing so I thought a lap easel would be just the thing for her. Now I could have just went to the store and shelled the 20 bucks for one but, no…, I had to be a woodworker and do it ...
I recieved a new Incra I-Box Jig this past Friday and got it all put together and dialed in on Saturday morning. Its def a well designed and manufactured jig. I wanted to try and get a small box knocked out this weekend so I chose the thinnest stock I had which was a 1/2” piece of bloodwood. I went for the 1/8” kerf and the bloodwood was brittle so I had some issues there but all in all in came together pretty good. I wont post photos, I’ll wait till me second one for that.
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1660 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- ScrollSaw Information and Resources - 68 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1685 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- dbhost - 400 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 281 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 229 entries
- Betsy - 225 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- stefang - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 200 entries
- robscastle - 189 entries
- Rustic - 189 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 188 entries
- Chris Davis - 184 entries