https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob3_bSx0L48 Follow along the build of a beautiful live edge book matched slab computer desk. Built from Canadian Black Walnut from a pair of book matched slabs along with a unique cantilever leg design.
I spent the better part of the last two weeks applying Arm R Seal to the table. The table top got four brushed coats of full strength Arm R Seal on each side. Between each coat I buffed with a 1000 grit festool platin pad. I then wiped on a 50/50 mix of Arm R Seal and Naphtha on each side. Here is the top after the fourth coat: And after the final wipe on coat: The base got five coats of wiped on Arm R Seal/Mineral Spirits 50/50 mixture: Finally, it was time to attach the b...
Using a band saw I’m going to re-saw a solid Walnut board and 12’’ tall and 1.5’’ thick into 2 boards that will feature a beautiful grain book match. This board is to be used as the underside of a custom rocking chair seat. Check it out! Thanks for having a look always fun to share. (-:
Got a bit of time in the workshop for ME today, making an endtable for the sofa in the family room… this is where Deb does her crocheting and needed two things… a table for her cuppa.. and a drawer to hide her wool and things away from the puppies… The other day we found a really nice woven basket… so begins the build of a cabinet to house the basket.. The top is two pieces of Narra [New Guinea Rosewood] glued up… The main carcass is also made from Narra...
This is a slab from the base of a walnut tree where Claro Walnut and English Walnut were grafted together. Anyway I just absolutely love this slab and I have been saving it for a long time. It was given to me by a friend. I finally pulled it out to resaw it. I plan on creating bookmatched panels for the front of a cabinet. Grafting, for those who may not know (and I’m no expert) is basically splicing two species of trees together to help with the propagation of the desired spe...
Well, the top is all glued up and belt sanded to flatten the ridges. The boards glued together quite nicely and it’s not very noticeable that I had to rip them into four boards instead of two. Since the lumber I had was all from the same tree, I was able to sequence match two boards to make the top and bookmatched them. There were a few open knots that needed filling so I mixed a little dust with some epoxy and that’s what those globs are on the top. The repairs should l...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1742 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 107 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 79 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1767 entries
- dbhost - 420 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- mafe - 304 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 246 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 220 entries
- robscastle - 218 entries
- Dave Rutan - 214 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 194 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 190 entries