At first, I was enamored with #802, as done so well by Dale I looked it up in Robert Lang’s book “Shop Drawings for Craftsman Furniture”. I found an article on building it in Woodworking Magazine, Summer 2009 edition. I felt like I had done my homework and thought I might slip this in between the dining table and the chairs. We already have decent chairs. I didn’t really realize it until I saw Stickley Sideboard #818 at the Arts & Crafts Fair in San Fr...
Ok, when I last left you this cutting board was just a Sketchup design. After a trip to the hard wood dealer and some basic milling I arrived at this very hefty glue up. I tried to do the ripping on my BOSCH, but even with a thin kerf blade it was a little too much for that saw, so I took over my buddies cabinet shop! Here are some shots of the first glue up..Here is the blank, out of the clamps and sanded to 1 1/2” thick..Ok, now the fun part..After squaring one end up on the radial ar...
BEFORE I START, IF YOU READ THIS, AND CAN OFFER ADVICE, I’D LOVE TO HEAR IT. THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!! Ok, after collecting information from a couple key people, and looking carefully at my pieces, I’ve moved on to Sample #2. First things first. NEW CLAMPS!!!!! Not the best, but all I could get for now. On to business. More blanks, 10 this time. For these, I used a sanding block and norton 3x sandpaper. This was slow, but quiet as it was about 9:00PM when I started, and I’...
BEFORE I START, IF YOU READ THIS, AND CAN OFFER ADVICE ON IMPROVING THIS WITHOUT BUYING ANYTHING OVER $25, I’D LOVE TO HEAR YOUR ADVICE. THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!! I bought some clearance pen blanks from Rockler (Pau Ferro, Indian Rosewood, and Cherry, I think). Not having any “larger” tools or super-fine precision tools (band saw, table saw, router table, etc.) I decided I would begin the adventure the “backwoods” way. I Started by laying them together, checki...
The remainder of the maple came down today and I got a shot of the main trunk section that I plan to mill. It’s definitely going to be spalted throughout. This bole is 35-40” in diameter and the arborist was able to leave it intact from base to crotch! It’s 11’ long. It’s partially cracked on the side you can’t see and does have some splitting, so it probably won’t yield wide boards. I think it is sound enough to go through with this venture. Th...
This is a plan that I found early on in the year and is really what has finally pushed me into doing something with the dusty old tools that I have setting around. I found it by chance on a website and promptly printed a copy of the plans. I’m not too up on copyrights and such, but if you google it as 19830EZ you should be able to find it as a PDF file. Quick back-step: My wife and I are of the belief that there are far too many gifts that are given out impersonally that fall apar...
Continuing routing the inlets for the cribbage board… After using the fence and clamps to route to the edges of the inlets I finish routing out each segement freehand. I previously scribed the curved segments with a compass and now I carefully cut around the curves with a knife. This is not a common X-Acto which would break immedietly on the ebony, but a hardened steel surgical blade I purchased from Micro-Mark. I use a micro chisel to clean out the edges of the cur...
ok well last weekend i was able to knock out most of my new workbench. Which is based on the New-Fangled one on FineWoodworking.comhttp://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/ProjectsAndDesign/ProjectsAndDesignArticle.aspx?id=28530 i am also about to finish a desk i have been working on for some time now. here is a few in in progress pics Here is some pic’s of the workbench.
Update: 7 september 2010. As I do not have a lot of spare time for woodworking at the moment, I am submitting this blog for the contest, I hope you guys don’t mind that it is a little old Here is a link to the final projects- http://lumberjocks.com/projects/2542http://lumberjocks.com/projects/2559 http://lumberjocks.com/assets/pictures/projects/9436-438x.jpg?1233630507 After several e-mails requesting the plans for the Dan Walters cutting board I copied I decided to put some...
This week, I’ve been finishing up the Hymn Number Board for the St. Anthony Catholic church in Strong City, KS. Final assembly, glue, number plate holders, stain, finish, and gold-powder painting, and it is all finished now, ready for delivery to the church on Saturday. This is my Original Design, and it looks nothing like anything I have seen before, although it has design elements of things I have built in the past. I built it to match the other furnishings of the St. Anthony chu...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1582 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 96 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- ScrollSaw Information and Resources - 68 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1607 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 396 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 278 entries
- William - 258 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- shipwright - 213 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 199 entries
- stefang - 198 entries
- Rustic - 188 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 185 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 176 entries