Well I had to go back and re design the case once again. I got a comment from Mark Shymanski asking if the boards to these games fit in the case. I of course went and got my board games to test the fit out and realized that a few of them where a bit larger then the case. I had originally designed the case to have enough space between the closed drawers and the sliding front to fit large boards. But in the process of making the case I forgot about this detail. I decided I would go back and ...
As you may know I love board games. When I plan a board game night at someones else house I must find a large cardboard box and pack in 4 to 5 games boxes to take. So I thought I should create a case that can hold multiple games and pieces for easy transport. After looking at my ideas I have decided on this design.
After several hours of carving with my Dremel tool over the last two days, I completed the custom checkers for this project. This was my first attempt at wood carving and with 48 sides to carve, it was a bit tedious, but not too difficult. My skills improved a good deal by day two and I took some extra time to go back over the first day’s checkers and make sure they were all pretty consistent. I took some video of the carving process to post as a separate blog entry once I have...
I have finally completed the case. What took so long was making each drawer. Because I am still new to woodworking I make little mistakes here and there. These mistakes made it impossible to cut out all the pieces for each drawer in uniform size. I had to custom size each drawer. I have none the less completed them all have moved all of my board games into the case, which fits perfectly. I am going on a road trip and will be bringing my new case with me. So the case will be getting a real tes...
I got a 8’ 1” x 10” board and cut 2-14” sections and 2-26 1/2” sections. I ripped one of the 26 1/2” boards 3” in to create the top lid. After nailing the pieces together I was about to work on getting proper dimensions for the interior drawers. I decided before finished the day off I would make a test drawer. I created the front, back and both walls. I then decided I would make them box joint together and it worked out very well, since it was my firs...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1729 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 98 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1754 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- dbhost - 410 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- mafe - 301 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 237 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 213 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- robscastle - 207 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Dave Rutan - 206 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 193 entries
- Rustic - 190 entries