Matthew and I were going to do a video this weekend but got side tracked with the need for storage. Things are piling up and disorder is setting in. Time to get things in order a little. Last week I added a drawing for shop cabinets to the free plans section on www.thenewfoundlandwoodworker.com . They are very basic, and cheap. This is them :)Mind the doors, they are stuck on with double faced tape for now. Hinges Monday Cabinet Size14 1/4×33 1/4 Materials1 sheet 5/8 D grade pl...
I’ve renamed my 5 preexisting project series from “project: whatever” to “00n: whatever” where n is the number of the set of posts in order. E.g. instead of “project: a rolling base for my planer,” that was the second project series I made, so now it’s “002: a rolling base for my planer.” The projects were starting to scatter in my series list, and I’d have a few series listed at the top in the drop-down for new posts, then an ...
In keeping with the “don’t spend anything” ethic of this piece, I found some scrap 1/2” boards. Two were longer scraps of baltic birch ply, but there was only enough with the long grain for the 2 sides of each drawer. I had a stack of scraps of the same stuff but with the grain running across the width, so I cut 2 of those down for the backs. The fronts I made from scrap 1/2” construction grade ply. The drawer fronts would cover those up. The bottoms are 1/8̶...
On July 3rd I threw together a chair to bring to the 4th party the following day. I decided to use up some scrap 2×4s. I had no plan, no chair experience, and about 5 hours time in which to make it, so I just sort of winged-it, inventing as I went. Here’s the test-fit of the cut pieces for which I used my miter saw and band saw. It looked somewhat chair-like, at least. I used countersunk deck screws and glue. I banged pieces around in the clamps to get everything exac...
When we last left off, I was about to glue up the first cabinet door. Here it is clamped and drying: Here’s a detail (the wet marks at the left are just from wiping out glue – they dried up and disappeared): And because time-lapse videos are so fun, here’s the glue-up of the second door: And now the finished doors. Well… finished gluing together. Now there’s still sanding and coats of whatever I decide to use. I’ve been thinking of de...
I got the casters on yesterday, cutting some scrap wood board to fit along the edges inside the bottom, and joining them in with pocket hole screws from underneath. Extra sturdy now, and the wheels are all in plane with each other. I wasn’t sure how tall they were, and it was critical, as I was designing this to be as high as possible, while still fitting comfortably under my work table. I have Rockler’s digital height gauge, and it showed me they were all exactly 2.5” (actu...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1582 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 96 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- ScrollSaw Information and Resources - 68 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1607 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 396 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 278 entries
- William - 258 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- shipwright - 213 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 199 entries
- stefang - 198 entries
- Rustic - 188 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 185 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 176 entries