Hi, So here is my attempt to creating a queen sized bed for my Girlfriend and I. Greatly inspired by beautiful beds I saw around LJ, I generated my adaptation of the design using CATIA v5 3D modeler. around march/april 2009Bought several tools to start up a workshop from april to juneGot the materials in June.Paused from june to september to learn how to use my tools on other projects (workbench / few things for the apartment) and to settle in my new appartmentStarted actively working on t...
All, As glad as I am to have found this hobby, I’m equally glad to have found this group. It’s doubtful that anybody here (who can walk upright, rather than swing through trees) is any newer at this than I am. I’m hopeful that I can give back … in some small way … by… telling this little story…. .... Our hobbies are like our relationships. If—like me—you’ve been with the same wonderful spouse for a while, then you kno...
I’M DONE…I’M DONE!!! I finally finished my sewing table. Here are the final pictures in it’s new home. This thing is HEAVY!! All that oak! So, the pictures show it completely closed up, opened with the sewing machine up and open with the sewing machine down. I am really happy I finally finished.
Progress….yadahooty! Got the top on, the hole cut, the lift put in and the doors hung…this will be the last post until I put the finish on. I still have to put the second top on, the one that folds out and covers the open top, but I set it on top so you could see how it will look when it’s done…sort of. I still have about 10% left to do…and you know what they say about that… I didn’t run into any real problems except that the entire thing is not e...
Yadahooty….got some shit done!! I got the doors done and the top, half way. There are really two tops, one will be cut in two pieces and will flip out at right angles to make more work space. I only glued one of them up so far. According to the directions I was supposed to put the doors on already but I decided to wait until I do the top, sometimes the order in which they want you to do things doesn’t make much sense. Next big step is to install the sewing machine lift and cu...
I worked on this last weekend but didn’t post anything because all I got done were the feet. The plans to this thing are kind of lame. The legs are only two sided with a 15 degree bevel on them. I really had to just guess on everything, they gave you dimensions, but that was it, didn’t tell you about the bevels or anything, if you just did everything square, nothing fit, so I just tweeked it myself. I started on the doors last weekend too, but discovered I had a problem with...
The biggest accomplishment I had this weekend was getting the two pedestals attached to the back and putting the apron in. No flubs this week…cuz I didn’t do much. The drawers still need a little work but I decided to give them a rest for a while and work on the rest (they look kind of crooked in this picture, but they really aren’t it’s the grain orientation that I screwed up on that makes them look like that….next weekend, feet and start on the doors I think....
Hopefully a fairly new woodturner will see this and be able to take something away from it. I got into turning over a year ago and immediately became addicted. There’s not many areas of woodworking where you can make something worthy of display faster than on the lathe. In only a couple of hours, you can cut out a blank, turn a bowl, and have it sanded and finished. I’m an ‘immediate gratification’ type of person so, for me, woodturning is a ‘no-brainer’, I love it. This post is goin...
Well, After making a small jig for my drill press and a small simple sled for my table saw I have produced my first mortise and tenon joint using a couple of pieces of scrap pine. I drilled the mortise and cut the tenon on my TS then cleaned up both with a chisel. Not too bad for a first try I think. It is snug. I need to get a new blad for my table saw. I think it bends a little bit. It is an inexpensive blade and thin. Anyone else think that this can cause issues? I think I’d get a st...
Well…no pictures this time. Althought I made a little progress, it doesn’t really show. I put all the drawers together this weekend (6) of them. I actually thought I was pretty clever because I was careful not to cut anything to size until I started the assembly, but apparently I’m not as clever as I thought. I have made a few mistakes in this project that really frustrate me. Since I am directing this to beginners I guess I should just fess up and tell you all the mist...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1042 parts
- Extremely Average - 325 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 85 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- Just for Fun... - 72 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- Workshop Development - 64 parts
- 52 Weeks - 52 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1064 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 384 entries
- Ecocandle - 326 entries
- dbhost - 318 entries
- Martin Sojka - 294 entries
- Karson - 288 entries
- MsDebbieP - 283 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- William - 213 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Stevinmarin - 198 entries
- mafe - 188 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 182 entries
- Rustic - 182 entries
- PurpLev - 159 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 146 entries
- scottb - 144 entries
- kosta - 144 entries