This week’s Project is a horizontal Murphy Bed. The bed I built is a twin size bed using the Create-A-Bed Hardware kit from Rockler Woodworking and Supply. The finished look of the bed can be trimmed and finished to match your homes decor, really the limit on the final look is only limited by your imagination. These videos just tell you about the use of the hardware kit and the general construction of the project. I hope you enjoy it.
It’s that time of year once again. The 2nd Annual Whirligig Wars event is approaching! Woodworkers around the globe are beginning to construct their whimsical whirligigs with the hope of winning one of the great prizes this year. Whirligig Wars came to life last year when woodworkers across the globe battled it out and waged a war in wood. Due to it’s success Whirligig Wars has gained recognition from woodworkers and woodworking enthusiasts across the globe. In the Summer...
:O) I am a bit excited. I finally have a set of GRR-Rippers in the shop. I have been wanting one for a long time. So I put together this video to show you just a couple reasons why I am pumped up about these helpful shop accessories. Not only are they keeping me safe, but they are allowing me the opportunity to perform tasks I couldn’t perform before… That in itself has got me doing backflips… lol Here is a look at the video
When a viewer sent me a comment asking if I could make a First Aid Cabinet for the workshop, I thought to myself. “Yea what a perfect project to do”, because I am setting up the new shop, and it was the one thing missing. The First aid Cabinet was made almost entirely out of Pallet Wood. Oh yea! my first Pallet Project! http://www.asimpledesignofocala.com – Websitehttp://www.ufoww.com – The United Federation of Woodworkers Member Sitehttp://www.twitter...
The one Project Video I get asked the most to make is how to build a crosscut sled for the Tablesaw. Well there are a lot of videos out there on making a Cross cut sled, so this is my take on it. I hope you can take something from this video and use it in your shop
I completed as much carving on the handle as I could and then epoxied it to the shaft. The shaft is also basswood and i used a 5/16th threaded rod about 6 inches long epoxied in place. I decided how I wanted the tail wrapped around, outlined it with a v gouge and then rounded it over and relieved the background. I carved down the back of the lizard where the tail joins the shaft to get a smooth transition. The customer doesn’t want this guy painted, but the scale patterns I will bur...
Note to my readers—-this is the secret project I’ve mentioned a few times. It has consumed my shop time since February. That’s why it’s been so slow on the blog for the last few months. Now that it has been delivered, I can post the details. No, there are no bells and whistles on this thing—-if Mom wants to put some in it, more power to her. I built it, she can use it however she wants. But to finish it, I had to do three things yet: (1) install the lat...
Note to my readers—-this is the secret project I’ve mentioned a few times. It has consumed my shop time since February. That’s why it’s been so slow on the blog for the last few months. Now that it has been delivered, I can post the details. This last stage was probably the most fun, the least amount of work, and yielded the most obvious results. After going over (one last time) everything with 220 grit sand paper by hand, I was ready to vacuum all the dust off ...
Note to my readers—-this is the secret project I’ve mentioned a few times. It has consumed my shop time since February. That’s why it’s been so slow on the blog for the last few months. Now that it has been delivered, I can post the details. Today’s task was to fit the completed carving into the front panel of the box. To do this, I decided to mark out the area I needed and use the router my dad donated to the shop last October. It felt good to use this o...
Note to my readers: This entry is part of the secret project I’ve mention previously. Now that it’s been delivered, I can post this without ruining the surprise… I put some more time in on the carving….another two days (which is really only about 4 hours), and it’s all done! I carefully trimmed the wood to the pencil lines then used chisels to gentle chamfer the edges of the letters and the winged foot. Then I trimmed an emory board to a point amd used ...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1463 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 93 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1487 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 394 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- mafe - 236 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- shipwright - 198 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 197 entries
- Rustic - 186 entries
- stefang - 185 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 177 entries
- PurpLev - 163 entries