My first “real” carving and first time ever posting the process of a piece of work, so please just have patience with me :) The fish began with a piece of driftwood I found in the creek behind my house. It already had a nice curve to it, was fairly solid and had a natural “mouth” which I immediately thought would make a pretty cool fish. (sorry I don’t have a pic of the driftwood before I began sanding it some, I just wanted to see what it look...
Since I posted my bentwood ring tutorial video I got a lot of emails and messages on how to do an inlay for them. Since I had to make one with a guitar string I made a video of it. The picture isn’t quite clear as it is taken with an phone (I will try to make a better one soon and post it here) but as you can see it is a Walnut ring with 0.45 bass guitar string. Hope this will clear out some things for you and persuade you to try this technique.http://youtu.be/SXkcadAlErc Than...
As you will see from the following pics the back of the body of the guitar blank has been scarfed out with the bandsaw.. this is for comfort when the guitar is tilted out from the guitarist When played the contour would be at the back of the guitar and to the top… I know I am preaching to the choir but some of my readers are even less knowledgeable than me… Using a ROS and 80 grit the contour is smoothed and shaped for comfort… Sanding willcontinue through to 220 grit....
Taking a stab at building an electric Bass Guitar with a neck through design and laminated top. I will post photos and details as the project moves along.
Okay, not bad so far. Mostly line work and some shading. The real challenge to this piece I left for last, the cable knit sweater. I probably spent more time studying the picture I had printed than I did actually burning the darn thing. I think it looks really good, but you be the judge. Step 5 Here is the finished piece. The sweater is done and was the hardest element of the piece to do. Overall, I think it turned out better than I thought it would. All that’s left is to apply a ...
Okay, that was easy, right! :>) Now onto the next couple of steps. Step 3 More shading work has been done in the hair area. You can see that om order to achieve the swirls and highlights in the hair, some of the lines will be very dark to create accents, and some will be left unburned. Some work has also been done around the mouth and nose area and I’ve basically finished with the right eye. Time spent woodburning to this point is about 1.5 hours. Now its starting to look ...
Where do we get the inspiration for what we do is a question I’m often asked when I do demos or teach a class. The answer I almost always give is we look around us at what we and the people we love talk about, collect, read, etc.. A case in point is this project. I have a step mother who is an absolute Elvis nut and has a huge collection of Elvis everything. BUT, she didn’t have a Pyro Elvis, yet! After doing a bit of searching online I found a whole whack of great Elvis images an...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1832 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 131 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 115 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 91 parts
- Shop stuff - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 82 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1857 entries
- dbhost - 455 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 398 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- mafe - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- Dave Rutan - 277 entries
- robscastle - 267 entries
- shipwright - 259 entries
- William - 258 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 241 entries
- bandit571 - 237 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries