Now that the table saw is lowered, more toys need to be lowered to be useful in the shop. So now I’m trying to come to grips with the loss of the outfeed table and the need to relocate other tools for combinations of uses.Today I lowered the shaper 5 inches and trimmed it to be 5/16” lower than the table saw and the same with the band saw. The idea is that I can have them close by for use or the be the outfeed table, What do you think?Everything is on Shop Fox mobile bases the sam...
I was making great progress on the clock. The wedding is 17 weeks away. My wife commented that she thought it would be done in time today. I headed done to my shop. I’ve been working on the front frame and thought I might be gluing it up today. Here’s a look at the lower rail, nice tight joint. I needed to put the profile on the bottom of that rail. As you may remember from my last post, I am using a huge fortsner bit to establish the curve and then bandsawing out the waste...
Have you ever walked away from your Workshop after a project without doing the proper cleanup? Here’s why that’s a really bad idea! We had spent so much time building the log bed that we just didn’t bother to clean up. And after nearly a week of avoiding the basement entirely I was starting to feel pretty guilty…one day I even took my project out to the front yard to “work in the sunshine.” In reality I was avoiding the mess! But I wasn’t the o...
I’ve been extremely busy since my last blog entry and have not had much time to work on the band saw much. I was only able to work on it for a few hours here and there. So far I’ve been able to disassemble the machine down to its frame. Here are a few pictures. As you can see the tires will definately have to be replaced, the table will need to be cleaned up, and I’ll need to replace the thrust bearings. The tires, I suspect, will be the bulk of th...
Hi everyone. My extremely talented wife just wrote a groundbreaking new APP for the iPad. It’s the first of it’s kind for woodworkers, enabling you to play with a 3D rocking chair (and all of the separate parts) right on the iPad. You can order parts, take notes and do lots of other cool stuff including watching come never-before-seen videos right within the APP. I admit it, I am a gadget guy, and this is so much fun to play with it makes it hard to go back to making sawdu...
Well, I am started down the road now to creating a rocking horse for my granddaughter, Emma.She will be two years old this Christmas, and has now just begun to walk. So I figure, if I start it now,I’ll finish in time for this Christmas… This horse is being created loosely from the Woodsmith Rocking Horse, issue #65, with a little creative flair this time around. I last built one of these some 16 years ago, for my oldest granddaughter, who is going to graduate from high school next...
A while back, I posted some pictures of the most difficult project I had ever attempted…the Maloof Music Stand. Much to my surprise, quite a few woodworkers have expressed an interest in tackling this thing, so I have finally put together templates and a detailed instruction booklet for anyone who thinks they’re up for the challenge. Don’t say I didn’t warn you. ;) You can have a look Here Enjoy! Scott Morrisonhttp://www.finewoodworker.com
Usable Logs… Well I was actually able to take the time this week and accomplish the goal I set for myself in last week’s blog. I wanted to cut down some of my own logs and make some usable wood from them. I am happy to say that it worked. I of course need to tweak the system a bit and experiment a bit more with some other thicknesses and woods but I am pretty happy with how things turned out. Rather then a jig I decided on once again using my jointer to give me some flat sides. Thru work I...
Not much to say. Been taking it easy. Bought the wood on Craigslist. White oak. Mortise and tenon construction. Dark oak aniline dye, cherry oil stain, seed-lac,lacquer and dark Briwax finish.
about 5 weeks ago i bought an old bandsaw for $100 and have just finished restoring it. originally it had a 1/3 horse motor but it appears that some time in the 60s someone replaced it with a 1 horse motor. here it is after i brought it home and cleaned the table i used a wire brush then proceeded to treat it with linseed oil and then johnson wax just to make sure it wont rust again for a while i also set to work taking it all apart and checking everything as well as oiling the uppe...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1823 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 131 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 115 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 91 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 82 parts
- Shop stuff - 81 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1848 entries
- dbhost - 449 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- mafe - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- Dave Rutan - 273 entries
- William - 258 entries
- robscastle - 256 entries
- shipwright - 255 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 227 entries
- bandit571 - 224 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries