Progress is continuing on the restoration, I’m grabbing an hour here or there to work on it. The bottom axle was pretty easy to remove after all – a block of wood and a rubber mallet got it out ok. The only stubborn part was the woodruff key on the end of the axle that (of course) had to be removed for the axle to come out. I had to mangle it a little to get it out, but I think it will be ok. If not, I’ll just order a new one from McMaster-Carr. That one damn bearin...
so my father came into this band saw through a friend and he is not a woodworker he donated it to me.it needs a new stand, and a good alignment.IT does run smooth so there is some hope. next ill tear it apart and see what is salvageable
Now that the temperatures are slowly but surely starting to climb again, I’m finally able to work in my garage again for more than 5 minutes. In addition to my table project, I’ve started working on restoring the Power King 912 in December. I’ve been slowly but surely striping off pieces, but had run into a road block with the wheels… the bearings were stuck solid. Someone on LJ (Grizzman?) suggested I look into getting a gear puller, so Harbor Freight to the resc...
Outside my comfort zone again. This is my second experiment with the bandsaw and patterns. Materials are Yew and Ebony. The patterns are about 50×120mm and 7mm thick. They’re more like Tiger and Anti-Tiger as one is obviously the negative of the other. Can’t make my mind up whether to make two individual boxes or slap them together lengthways to make one long pattern for something like a pencil box. Front sideBack sideSide by side Or I could slice them through ...
I went a little out of town today south of Columbus to Circleville here in Ohio to a place called Grandview Weekend Outlet that my folks had told me about. It is kind of like a big lots/odd lots liquidation outlet store. I was going through the hardware/tool section when I happened upon a busted open cardboard box that ended up being a Jet 707200 10Inch Band Saw With Stand Model JWBS-10OS. Sticker on it had it listed at $95.00. I initially tried to haggle with the guy starting at $70.00 h...
I’ve been working for a few weeks now, a few hours a night getting the side-table built. It wasn’t that difficult to do. But it was fun nonetheless. Assembling the base of the table. The legs go on with glue and screws from the back. The most difficult part of the whole assembly was getting the spacing correct. The plans called for a distance of 18 1/4”. So it was a matter of getting the 2 ends of the top to run parallel at 18 1/4” while maintaining th...
I need a small band saw 9” would suffice and my wife’s family sent me a couple hundred dollars to buy onenow I have the delima of which one to choose.Cant afford a 14” saw and the Skil and Craftsman are my two choices locally.I’m only going to be cutting thin plywood and 1” thick boards with it. Help I don’t know what to do!!!!!
Once again.. were building.. I made the face frame and the door frames… Face frame was pretty straight forward. I measured, laid out the feet and then cut them out…. > Then I clamped them out and marked out the tenon’s and cut the mortises… Here is a test fit… > Kay, Frame done I pretty much did them same.. cutting out the Bottom doors the Tops of the Upper doors are arched SO I thought I would explain them in detail… First I made a Temp...
Inspired by the work of Patron I have recently rescued my bandsaw from its dusty corner of the workshop and have produced this pattern. I intend to use it as a box top but might just frame it and hang it on a wall as a picture. I think it looks like a pair of eyes, hence the title. Heres how its made 1. Take four square slices of timber; Ebony, Purpleheart, Yew and Sycamore of identical size. 2. Tape them together with double sided tape. 3. Cut your pattern. 4. Mix and match to create a...
Here is part two of my attempt at installing a new shop door. I again bought a cheap door and I am doing my best to reinforce the door and jamb from possibly being kicked in. I know this isn’t the most professional job, but I should only have about $150.00 into this project. The new door looks twice as good and is much more secure. In order to reinforce the jamb I first upgraded the strike plate which I showed in blog part 1. http://lumberjocks.com/559dustdesigns/blog/14664Today I f...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1527 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 94 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1552 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 394 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 260 entries
- William - 258 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- shipwright - 211 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 199 entries
- stefang - 187 entries
- Rustic - 186 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 181 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 166 entries