This project has been on the back burner since I had my accident in April of 2007. I was working on the feet at a woodworking class when I had the accident. It took some time for me to get back to woodworking and the workbench specifically. Today I went back to work on the feet and fixed the foot that was damaged just before my hand. Feels great. The feet look good too. I’ll post the design and pictures of the progress.
After months of waiting, I finally pulled the trigger and bought the grizzly model h3051 extension block kit for my rigid bs1400 bandsaw. The instructions were easy to follow, and there were no surprises with the conversion. Let me first say that the reviews were correct in stating that the supplied blade is garbage. I ordered a few different 105” olson allpro blades and the 5/8” 3tpi blade slices through 10”oak like butter. I was concerned that the 3/4 hp motor would be und...
My youngest daughter was very much into horses when she was at home. We had 14 Acres in New Jersey and probably had horses for around 15 years or so. After High School was over the horses disappeared and the horse barn became a lumber storeroom. She got married and about 6 month ago her in-laws gave her some riding lessons as a birthday gift. The horse fever caught on again. This time she has a young daughter. For some reason girls and horses seem to go together. Missy sometimes takes S...
Christmas came a little early at my house this year. My wife has heard me make several comments lately about how much I “needed” a bandsaw. Well, it seems that my less than subtle approach worked. She took me on a bit of a surprise shopping trip Saturday to my favorite store. Ultimately, we headed home with a new Jet 18” bandsaw.
I had seen this vintage sleigh in Wood magazine some time ago and I had to go searching to find it again. It was in December 1997, Issue 101 I believe that I’ve seen it somewhere else but I didn’t want to buy the article without searching further. One of the new officers at the Woodworking Club thought he might have it. He did and he brought the magazine to me and i scanned it and created a pdf for future use and to keep from cutting up his magazine. The sleigh was found at ...
I found an incredible deal before last Christmas while visiting my father down in southern Ca, at the La Mirada swap meet. 1/4 inch tongue and groove aromatic cedar. I would say I got around 25 pieces of it. They are all in 3 foot lengths . Because of their size there has not been any ideas popping up in my head on what to do with it. However today looking through old pattern books I found a bunch of Christmas ornaments and immediately thought of this wood. After all how nice wou...
I haven’t been out in the shop much the past couple of weeks, short of turning a couple of pens and starting a spoon last weekend. I decided to rearrange a few things today, starting with my temporary wiring panel. I’m still saving up for real wiring in the shop, among other things. I Swapped locations on the bandsaw and storage cabinet. I hung a 4’ shop fixture, which made a world of difference. I also ran an extension cord up and over to power my tablesaw and chop...
So i finally got some work done today on my box. first i started by making the bottom. because i am using thick material for the sides i wanted to add some rigidness to the box so it is a 1/2” thick poplar bottom and i did the bevel with a hand plane. rather than set up machinery or anything. then it was time to focus on the dividers. these are hard because they are very thin stock and to get them good they have to fit right. so what i did was cut them and did almost what resembl...
So I have re worked the designs on a few of them and I am almost there with them to start making them en-mass for sales and gifts. Need a bit more space around the legs and wings for painting. He is make out of red oak and I wanted him left natural. But this was my forst experience with making one of these toys with a hard wood and the belt sander scorced the poor thing. Need to work on my technique I guess as that isn’t an issue with the pine guys below. I use milk paints on...
hey everyone, just got a commission from the club that i am in for school to build a money box for when we have bake sales and other various sales. I am planning on making it out of Jatoba because thats what i have around right now. i am planning on dying it up and everything too. so first i started by milling the lumber down to a little under 3/8” and a little over 5/16ths. i am using such thin material so i could get as much lumber out of my lumber. i resawed the rough boards on ...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1062 parts
- Extremely Average - 325 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 85 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- Just for Fun... - 75 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- Workshop Development - 64 parts
- 52 Weeks - 52 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1084 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 384 entries
- Ecocandle - 326 entries
- dbhost - 318 entries
- Martin Sojka - 294 entries
- Karson - 289 entries
- MsDebbieP - 285 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- William - 215 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Stevinmarin - 201 entries
- mafe - 188 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 183 entries
- Rustic - 182 entries
- PurpLev - 159 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 148 entries
- scottb - 144 entries
- kosta - 144 entries