LumberJocks

Woodworking blog entries tagged with 'bandsaw'

  • Advertise with us
View bandit571's profile

Saw Til #1: From scraps to a til

04-10-2017 01:42 AM by bandit571 | 2 comments »

Well at least the start of one. Inventory after the Table build, showed a few decent enough boards sitting around.. Got to looking at all the saws in the shop, mostly hanging overheard from the Dungeon’s ceiling joists. Figured I could cobble a til out of some of the scraps. Had a 1×6 that seemed long enough for two sides, but it wasn’t quite wide enough….had a couple 1×4s. One of them needed jointed to make a glue joint. Offset the two 1×...

Read this entry »


View PeteCollin's profile

Milling a Walnut Log with Matthias Wandel's Big Bandsaw

04-09-2017 08:46 PM by PeteCollin | 1 comment »

Hello All,On a nice spring day I played around in the barn. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLPxO9zriVA

Read this entry »


View bandit571's profile

Pine Table Project #5: Mortise work and other things

04-03-2017 11:49 PM by bandit571 | 3 comments »

Ok, time to get caught up with this thing.. Had two of these to do for the back apron Had two of these to chop out for the bottom rail of the drawer opening.. And the top rail gets a dovetail on each end….finally got the whole mess into the clamps and let this sit a day…..Monday, the shop is normally closed…not today…got the base out of the clamps. Checked the drawer, again…needed the front planed flat.. Works for me.. Corner blocks…were ...

Read this entry »


View bandit571's profile

Pine Table Project #1: Trip to Lowes, and a start up

03-28-2017 01:18 AM by bandit571 | 3 comments »

Needed something better than a TV Tray as a bedside table. Off to Lowes for a few things.. A 1×8 x 8’ was needed to build a topA 1×4 x 8’ was needed for aprons and other small parts ( Drawer, maybe?)anda 2×4 x 8’ was needed for leg blanks Grand total? $20.16…....Cheap table? Small circular to crosscut the 1×8 into three 27” long blanks…..Jointed the edges.. With a Stanley #6c small jointer plane. Laid the three down...

Read this entry »


View CharlieK's profile

Lots of tension in my mahogany!

03-22-2017 10:13 PM by CharlieK | 14 comments »

View on YouTube Recently I was ripping a piece of mahogany on my table saw and there was so much tension in the board that I couldn’t complete the cut. In fact, it was binding so tightly on the blade that I had to work to get the board off of the saw. I haven’t experienced this kind of wood tension very often. What is your favorite way to deal with this kind of problem? Thanks,Charlie

Read this entry »


View bandit571's profile

Hidden figers joints? #4: Getting about done

03-21-2017 11:39 PM by bandit571 | 5 comments »

Spent most of the day working on this box. When I removed the clamps, I found one corner that hadn’t glued up… So, got out the glue, and a couple big clamps. Trickle the glue into the open joint, and crank the thing tight.. I also took a bit of time to clean the other end of the box up.. Block plane to level things a bit. Since this is the bottom of the box, it would be nice if it would sit flat.. Set up the Stanley 45… With a bead cutter….I think it...

Read this entry »


View bandit571's profile

Hidden figers joints? #3: Heading for a glue up

03-21-2017 02:38 AM by bandit571 | 0 comments »

Ok, wasn’t the plan to work on a Monday in the shop…just kind of happened… Thought I could just size two plywood panels to make the lid and the bottom panels….Marked one out, thinking I could use that to mark a second one, once the first was done….bandsaw cuts were a bit..wavy. Got out a plane to un-wavy them.. Got a Junior Jack plane to joint the edges straight. Checked the ends with a square….recut, and then joint THAT edge. Then go through ...

Read this entry »


View bandit571's profile

Hidden figers joints? #2: Last two corners..

03-20-2017 12:35 AM by bandit571 | 2 comments »

Might as well make a box out of this… Worked on finding better ways of doing this…bandsaw was used for a bit on some areas, to hog off some of the waste. I also used the 358 mitre box for some of the crosscuts. Laid out the fingers.. This was after I had cut the mitred ends. More of the handsaw work at a 45 degree cut. Marked out where the ends of the fingers would be, and cut the excess off. SHARP chisels to remove the waste to form “pockets” The b...

Read this entry »


View Pjonesy's profile

Road Grader #4: Rippers and blade added

03-12-2017 12:49 AM by Pjonesy | 12 comments »

Sorry this has taken a while, I have had a few distractions lately. This first photo shows the rippers in place for a trial fitting before a final sanding and oiling. The parts need to be oiled separately and allowed to dry before assembly to prevent sticking. This next photo shows the ripper bar and how the teeth are attached. Note that the ripper teeth are in dark Walnut and that each one has 2 parts. 1 is the ripper itself and in the front of that is a very small wedge also from dark ...

Read this entry »


View DsRMR's profile

shop re start the new RMR #3: hesitant progress

02-26-2017 10:10 AM by DsRMR | 0 comments »

well a little progress has been made unfortunately i’m hesitant to do too much because i may lose the place with the recent employment termination and lack of resources in new state. <div></div> But anyway i was going to move my 4×8 work bench in as a alt. out-feed table, but instead i added on a 18”x40” removable leaf for now. I did get the base and stationary fence done on my cross cut sled, next is assembling the adjustable miter fence and attaching it. got...

Read this entry »


« prev 1 2 3 4 5 ... 130 next »
1291 entries


DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com