Ok, trying to get caught up here. Had the sides done, and the drawer ready to be glued up. Needed to build some webframes to make this into a case to hold two drawers… First I set aside a blank to make a false front for the bottom drawer, to ensure it didn’t get resawn down to make a the frames… Caption says this is a tenon cutter. That is only half right, as I have to move the jig one more time.. To make these “dominoes”. When all were cut, I wou...
Wood has three dimensions and the table saw cuts both X (length) and Y (width) The Z (thickness) axis needs a lunch box planer. The table saw has the Incra rip fence and miter gauge so X and Y are covered. Z however needed some help getting the same accuracy as the saw. One of the benifits of digital gauges is that I can see the reading without squinting or having to bend down. I have a digital height gauge to set the saw height and set the router bits consistently. Repeatability is...
Main dresser is done, and almost loaded up. A drawer I had found on the curb during Trash Day provides the start for the next little project. I had that old box of chisels, that needed a better place to hang out in.. This is the drawer I found. I separated the chisels into two groups. The Plastic handle crowd was laid out in the drawer, and some scrap pine was added as dividers.. I’ll finish nailing the dividers in place later. There is a place to stash a small chest of...
Used to have a shop, X got in the divorce. :( Fast forward 15 years & I have 2/3 of 1/2 of a garage to build a cabinet shop in. The core of any shop is the table saw and within my (retired) spending limit I got a brand new Grizzly G0715P. Simultaneously with the saw purchase I added an Incra LS-III rip fence and an Incra miter gauge. I’m disabled and can’t walk / stand a lot so everything is within reach of my chair in front of the saw. I’ve got most all of th...
Hey everybody! My name is frank and I am a hobby craftsman from germany. I already talked about the build of my DIY table saw in my blog. In my youtube channel you can find the video for this build. If you are interested, just click here!But as I completed my table saw, I soon realized that I have to work on the dust extraction. After a lot of setbacks I figured out a very effective solution. The main problem was still being able to reach the saw (for the settings). So I made four removabl...
Ok, So it has taken me a few weeks to get the saw from my garage to the shop. But I with help from the wife got it into the basement yesterday and I completed assembly and set up this morning. Set up was generally easy, even had some help from my daughter. Had to run out to get a blade this morning as I had not gotten one yet, and again this afternoon as my dust connector I had did not fit the duct port on the saw. Why is it that 4” is different on every tool? Quick fix though an...
Hello All, In 2016 I didn’t get to work in the shop as much as usual. Very busy at work, and involved with a big demolition project the rest of the time. But since last fall I have churned out several nice projects, and i wanted to showcase them for you all. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zGs0YJjk4Y
Didn’t want to bore anyone with the rest of the drawer building. Right now, there are 4 drawers sitting in the case, with a coat of Witch’s Brew as a finish of sorts.. Witch’s Brew is nothing more than an old quart can, into which any leftover stains and varnishes wind up. Instead of a shelf full of almost empty cans, I have just the one. Went i am ready to use the Brew, I top it off with enough BLO to mix things together. anyway, I worked off and on today, tryin...
So wish summer would come back so i could work out there without my fingers freezing. a wood stove would be sweet but…. no job means no money for luxuries. Been trying to get the cross-cut sled done for the new tablesaw. but climbing over things to find or gather what i need is frustrating as hell. http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag132/dgiacchino69/new%20shop/DSCN5708.jpg I’m in dire need of some exterior sheeting to close off the other 2/3 s of this pole barn then i would ...
Ok, the first drawer needed a pair of handles installed.. Nothing fancy, just something I happened to have five pairs of. Noticed when I removed the drawer from the case, had a couple spots that needed more work, as the drawer was sticking, right at the back.. Plane is just a #4 sized smoother. Had a couple knots that wanted to bow the side out a bit, planed the spots down, and installed the drawer… Not too bad, now. lessons learned? Well, making things the correct si...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1822 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 131 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 115 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 91 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 82 parts
- Shop stuff - 80 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1847 entries
- dbhost - 449 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- mafe - 324 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- Dave Rutan - 272 entries
- William - 258 entries
- robscastle - 256 entries
- shipwright - 255 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 226 entries
- bandit571 - 224 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries