A while back I posted a project that I did in my shop in California with my woodworking friend Jack Hutchison from Houston, TX. Here is that post: A Krenov Inspired Cabinet on Stand in Six Days We completed that cabinet during a six day visit by Jack. Our agreement was that at some future date, I would go to Houston and we’d do another six day project in his shop. So….I arrived at Jack’s and we completed a much more complicated piece in another six day time frame and here it is………....
So for the box itself, this is the basic sketchup model for what I’m going for. I am trying to model this after one of “RogerBean’s” projects, hi maple burl box. However I am adding a drawer into it so it will differentiate a little bit from his process. The hardest part will be the two meet ups of two curves that occurs on the front of the box. After some thinking, I came up with some basic dimensions and my thought process for how I was going to be able to add in...
If you are just surfing through the internet about Walking Canes, and you want to see some actual canes I’ve carved, click on the Widget Picture of the cane here. That project has more than 40 other links to other unique carved walking canes I’ve built. This blog entry is for showing a new concept sketch of a carved walking cane design that I am working on so that the prospective customer can view the concept drawings and provide his input, or approval. thanks for readi...
If anyone has any tips on iron on edge banding for plywood I would like to hear from you. I have had some problems in the past with adhesion and do not want to develop problems on this project.
Well, Bob got me into Banding… and I thought I’d share what I am doing as the result. This is the first step… To take my Journey, click the following link…My Banding Journey It’s not as good as Bob’s work… but, it’s the best I can do right now… I would appreciate any feedback you can give me. Thank you very much. edit (6-18-11):I have recently finished a fancy Cribbage Board where I used some of this Banding…Very so...
Started cutting out the parts to the 9 additional single beds only and WOW that is a lot of cutting. I figured 522 pieces (58 each). The drawer have the most at 423 (47 each). I didn’t just cut and rip them, some had to be edge banded and then comes the sanded. I got 2 days to work. I will be going to Church camp for a week. I’d like to have the headboards built and the drawer units ready to assemble before I leave. The week I’m gone, hopefully my crew can get the d...
Here’s a couple more pics of the progress I’ve made. I glued some veneer around the edges to fill in the gap between the fancy stuff and the edge where the board will transition into the sides. Then it was onto a lot of sanding. What I hadn’t expected was the dust from the Rosewood to stain the maple while sanding. So I sanded it down as good as I could without going through the veneer and then used a cabinet scraper to finish it off. I think it came out really nice and I ca...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1821 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 131 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 115 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 91 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 82 parts
- Shop stuff - 80 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1846 entries
- dbhost - 449 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- mafe - 324 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- Dave Rutan - 272 entries
- William - 258 entries
- robscastle - 256 entries
- shipwright - 255 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 225 entries
- bandit571 - 223 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries