I was really happy that so many of you liked the look of the Metallic Lustre Acrylic Wax from DecoArt that I added to my latest scroll saw projects. After allowing it to dry a day, I continued to finish off the project. I know we live in a world where we want immediate results on everything, but sometimes we just need to wait a little bit and let things do their job or run their course for the best results. Not only when crafting, but in many situations in our lives. After posting m...
My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond #1682: Fun With DecoArt Metallic Lustre Acrylic Wax
I had a truly busy weekend and I am finally feeling as if I am getting caught up with things. I spent much of Saturday cutting orders and I will be sending all of them out today. Then I can get on to more designing and some other things. I also finished creating the pattern packets for my SLD521 Damask Heart Ornaments and also my SLD522 Heart and Soul Damask Candle Tray that I showed last week. I am really thrilled with these patterns and I love how they came out. But . . . Whi...
As the second week of the new year comes to a close, I find myself reflecting. Not so much on the year 2015, but on the last two weeks – the beginning of 2016. It has been a crazy ride so far, with many wonderful things happening. It seems our customer base is growing every day, and I have had lots and lots of orders to fill.Even though it has been a lot of hard work, I find myself happy and grateful. After all – this is what I have been striving for the past several years. I have...
I love my job. There is always something new and exciting to work on, and it seems that I never run short of ideas for patterns for scrolling, painting and other types of creating. I think that the variety of mediums that I create in help keep me creative and always thinking of new things to make. It keeps me fresh. After the past week or so of cutting over 50 dozen simple shaped ornaments, I was ready for something a little different. With the Valentine's Day holiday quickly approac...
The original photograph was in color, I then inverted/ heat map with Picasa 3.But I like this version!I acquired two branches of “green” (Populus tremuloides) with natural twist. (photos to come)I also acquired another “club” like green branch (photos to come)
Just a fun way I decided to celebrate being a wood worker.
I was asked to build a Chuppah for a wedding using small diameter, nearly green aspen logs. It was a challenge finding the logs but building it sure was fun! How do you incorporate logs into a wedding? It seems to be a growing trend – this is the third wedding project I’ve worked on. Please share things you’ve made for weddings by posting pictures below! If it’s a log item, I’ll share it on my FaceBook page with a back link to your page!
I’m working on this coffee table as a wedding gift for my cousin and his wife-to-be. I’m a log furniture maker so there are a lot of techniques I haven’t been introduced to until I started working with fellow Lumber Jock, Kris Williams. Kris makes fine rustic furniture so I’ve been quite fascinated by some of the ways he does things and decided to start playing around with some of it. Of course, I don’t have all the machines Kris has so I require his help for a f...
I have to say, one thing that really bugs me is the tiny drawers you typically find in bathroom vanities. I mean, I’m a guy and I don’t have very much stuff at all in there and it’s always a cluttered mess and a pain to find stuff. No matter what house we’ve lived in, it seems that the people who make vanities love to torture people. So, I decided to do something about it. I got the idea from an article I read online sometime last year and filed away in my mind...
Flush with my modest progress in the last post, I decided to jazz up the little box some before attaching the bottom (which I have already cut and have waiting for installation). I drew out some lines and squares on the front of the box and made a nice little border on the top and bottom. Here’s the first shot, after I had already completed the top border. It went surprisingly fast. Took about 10 minutes to lay it out and 5 minutes to carve it. Then I drew the pattern for the bot...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1832 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 131 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 115 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 91 parts
- Shop stuff - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 82 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1857 entries
- dbhost - 455 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 398 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- mafe - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- Dave Rutan - 277 entries
- robscastle - 266 entries
- shipwright - 259 entries
- William - 258 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 241 entries
- bandit571 - 237 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries