The weather has been rather nice lately. So nice that I have been spending more time in the shop. Along with being out in the air with Sally and Lil’ Lee. I have had the camera in the shop too. Which of course means I have lots of video clips saved, and nothing published for a while. Well, it rained today, so I took some time to do some editing and catching up. We had to go to town so Lil ‘Lee could get her grooming done, but other than that, I have been sitting in front of ...
I finally got some editing done on a bunch of footage of working this piece of Maple that I rescued from the fire wood pile last year. It is going toward the box build I am working on. I have no real plan, just a vague idea and I am letting the wood take me it’s own way to get there. https://youtu.be/ZWDVLtvamCY
Part of every workshop success is being organized and having templates on hand to trace and cut out, my shop is no different, for the longest time I kept my templates stuffed in a box, as of lately I have been getting request for shelves, rather than dig out these templates I created the “I SEE IT BOARD” this way a person can see the options that are available, it will be easier for me as well because I will be able to grab what I need and when I am done I can easily put it back ...
This box I made for my son for a birthday gift. He has it now and was pretty thrilled with it. Now the shop is a disaster area as I have it torn apart to build a storage unit in one corner. The box was a fun build, and I really needed the practice. My meagre skills have waned. Over the last year I have not done any woodworking, concentrating instead on getting the shop built. This is the first project to come out of it. This turned out to be a long video so I split it into 2 part...
How this promise of a captain’s bed came about was almost an accident. My bride-to-be is used to having a large bed, California King, to be exact. All I had was a paltry queen-sized mattress on a relatively low frame. She commented that I probably stuck out over both ends when I slept (I’m 6’ 4”), and I had to agree with her. She also did not (understandably) want to share a bed with me that I had shared with my last (deceased) wife. So, I went and bought a Cal-Ki...
I am going to write a quick blog today, because I wanted you all to know that we did a site update yesterday afternoon. We have some new patterns available for you and those who may want to start some new projects over the weekend. Keith has two new patterns this time around. His first is a beautiful layered cross, with two different patterns for the backer. He calls it SLDK610 - Faith, Hope and Love Cross.His other plaque is a large sectional word plaque of The Lord's Prayer. (SLDK4...
Last week I made two hydraulic cylinders. The cylinders should be able to hold the crane boom in position. Therefor I additional made a “clamping” ring from ash. First I tried to do this with a rubber ring but finally I prefered wood. (I,m making two cranes at the same time, that’s why sometimes you she two cylinders) Below you can see how it was done. Thanks for watching.
https://youtu.be/Gwalim1cQJc In this video I talk about my new tools nail gun lathe chuck and a few more bits and also my future table saw build.More videos coming soon ! My stickers Free HERE http://goo.gl/zfdVi5
In the doors there are small 1/16” kerfs added . To achieve this I considered to make the door in layers but eventually I bought a Pheil cutting knife from 1/32” (1 mm) and curved it into the wood. Maybe 1/16 would have be a better width. Please let me know. There are also 1/16” (2mm) cutting knives. Benefit of this knives is that the knive widht almost automatic will be the kerf width. You may not believe me but in real it looks better than on the picture. ...
This is my first attempt at making a carbide tipped lathe tool, the handle is made of oak and ash cut and glued at a 45 degree angle and doweled for added strength. The metal part that holds the cutter is made of a piece of .5 inch round rod that I purchased from home depot and tapped a #8 32TPI thread into to accommodate the easy wood tool cutter. Currently I am waiting on the epoxy to set up so I can finish it up tomorrow hopefully. I am planning on finishing with Boiled linseed oil.
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1808 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 129 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 114 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 91 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 81 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1833 entries
- dbhost - 441 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- mafe - 321 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 254 entries
- robscastle - 245 entries
- Dave Rutan - 245 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 214 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- bandit571 - 201 entries