I skipped a few steps up to this point. Basically I built 3 cabinets and screwed them together and here I’ve clamped on the face frame. Can’t have too many clamps…. After the frames were dry I glued a plywood finished end on each side and attached the raised panel columns to the face frame. Built a plywood top to match the profile of the cabinet and wraped it with an applied molding. Then add a structure that will support the arched middle section that I...
Here is the last video for this project where I installed the hardware and triple beading. I’m going to post some nicer pictures of the unit shortly.
You know that great feeling that you get when you are coming to the end of a project and you can pretty well see the finish line? Well I have that feeling after today. Take a look.
Hey all . . . I finally got back at DW’s Christmas Gift/Anniversary Gift/Birthday Gift. I’m hoping that I will get it completed before it also becomes a Easter Gift. LOL Comments welcome. Enjoy . . .
Last year, on a whim, I submitted a few my pieces to Fine Woodworking Magazine for a new feature with Hank Gilpin. I just received my complimentary issue of FWW #214 (October 2010), and yep, that’s me getting my Jewelry Armoire design ripped to shreds on page 64. :-)) Yeah, sure, it is never much fun getting your work critically critiqued, but if you can swallow that medicine, then you have a fantastic opportunity to improve. In fact, one of the reasons I took on the Jewelry Armoi...
Hey Everybody, I just figured that i would do an update on the design. this is a really make shift video as i just threw it together tonight. it goes through all the major design aspects though of the bottom of the armoire. Well i hope that everyone likes it. So i hope everyone liked it. As i said if you have any comments or suggestions just leaves a message. the drawer supports are probably overkill but i want this to stand the test of time. As i also said i will try to finish ...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1261 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 94 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 87 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Just for Fun... - 82 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 73 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1283 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 388 entries
- dbhost - 367 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 311 entries
- Karson - 301 entries
- Martin Sojka - 297 entries
- William - 255 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- mafe - 216 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 187 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- Rustic - 183 entries
- shipwright - 168 entries
- PurpLev - 163 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 159 entries
- stefang - 148 entries