I’m finally finished, but I’ve fallen behind in the blog description. Biscuits for the uprights:Each upright “leg” consists of a 1×3 and a 1×2 joined at a right angle with a small shadow line. Biscuits seemed like the right method: Then I did a dry fit: Everything went together well enough, so I decided to glue up the “ladder” sides. Although I tend to prefinish everything before gluing, I decided it would be too time-consuming to pr...
Hi folks, Here is another video of the next step in the making of the pulpit. I wanted to add some extra detail to the inside so I decided to add some arches on both sides to keep the “theme” going with the rest of the project. This is how I did it. The wood is beech. Thanks for watching!
Curving or wrapping might be better terms. Once again Sketchup is a big help in this process. The plan calls for rounded corners on the footboard so yours truly doesn’t bang his shins on them, or when he does it won’t be a sharp corner. This is also another good example of the versatility and accuracy of the Mortise Pal jig. The Dimension tool in the Sketchup model measured the outside of the two staves 1 7/8” in order to achieve a 2 1/2” inside radius with 1”...
Finally I have the first set of arches glued and clamped in the bending form. I have only made the arches for the hall table so far. Once I finish it I will go back and do the coffee table. Since I only made one form for each shape I did it in two stages. I glued the first two arches yesterday and just got the identical (“opposing”) set in the forms tonight. I used my Thin-Strip Jig to cut the bending strips. That was very repetitive work for a while. I cut all the strips fo...
Like I mentioned before, I am building a matching coffee table along with my “hall table.” I have been making an effort to document the time I spend on larger projects for my own reference. But since I am building two projects together the concept of time is getting a little blurry. I spent a few hours the other day just getting the coffee table caught up in the process. All the joinery is the same as before. I decided to try taping my joints to make it easier to peel off the g...
Some additional photos of the Living room and bar project Photo one shows the matching arches we did in the foyer. Photo two shows the custom bar stools the client had made. Photo three show the hand carved limestone and marble fireplace. Photo four shows the iron work added to the glass doors. Lee
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1791 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 114 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 110 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 81 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 81 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1816 entries
- dbhost - 436 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- mafe - 313 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 254 entries
- robscastle - 241 entries
- Dave Rutan - 231 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 210 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 195 entries