If you have started collecting your tools as the funds become available, you might find yourself looking like this more and more. At least I hope you will. It’s really a great experience. Credit to Nick Offerman Woodshop “The Dusty Proprietor” (Photo by Emily Shur) As for continuing down the road of cutting and milling. You will probably inevitably find yourself looking for your work horse. Most likely 1 to 3 horses of raw electrical power to be more accurate. ...
In my last Blog post about Bare Essential Woodworking I described the basic overview of rough cost to get into this hobby for a future woodworker on a Low Budget. Using those steps you should be off to a good start. If you have bought something to cut and cut with you are probably starting to feel like this. Credit to Nick Offerman and his inspirational wood shop. I am going to skip by the Idea/Plan phase of a project. The inspiration for that was well described in the last post but ...
When I sit back and dream of all things woodworking this image is what I see. Credit to Nick Offerman’s Woodshop (If you haven’t checked it out you should. Very cool dude!!!):http://photos.vanityfair.com/2015/06/08/55761c49ca2dc24e4d26559d_nick-offerman-woodshop-ss19.jpg But my reality is:https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/11949487_1033562810009910_9120745669717242544_n.jpg?oh=7b17151b4d884f3db85bee18bfe24d00&oe=56A9E967 I’m sure you can see a...
I recently acquired a Stanley 101 & 102 block plane from EBay, for $15 each. These are hammer adjusted planes, and I demonstrate the process on the 101.
I started my Youtube channel series router 101 some time ago, and Ep.7 (of 8) is just out. The link for Episode 1, choosing a router can be found here: Please do take a look, comment and like, be sure to check out all the episodes, there are a lot of tips, tricks, and jig making episodes within the full series.
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1632 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- ScrollSaw Information and Resources - 68 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1657 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 279 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 228 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 199 entries
- stefang - 198 entries
- robscastle - 188 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 188 entries
- Rustic - 188 entries
- Chris Davis - 184 entries