If you have started collecting your tools as the funds become available, you might find yourself looking like this more and more. At least I hope you will. It’s really a great experience. Credit to Nick Offerman Woodshop “The Dusty Proprietor” (Photo by Emily Shur) As for continuing down the road of cutting and milling. You will probably inevitably find yourself looking for your work horse. Most likely 1 to 3 horses of raw electrical power to be more accurate. ...
In my last Blog post about Bare Essential Woodworking I described the basic overview of rough cost to get into this hobby for a future woodworker on a Low Budget. Using those steps you should be off to a good start. If you have bought something to cut and cut with you are probably starting to feel like this. Credit to Nick Offerman and his inspirational wood shop. I am going to skip by the Idea/Plan phase of a project. The inspiration for that was well described in the last post but ...
When I sit back and dream of all things woodworking this image is what I see. Credit to Nick Offerman’s Woodshop (If you haven’t checked it out you should. Very cool dude!!!):http://photos.vanityfair.com/2015/06/08/55761c49ca2dc24e4d26559d_nick-offerman-woodshop-ss19.jpg But my reality is:https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/11949487_1033562810009910_9120745669717242544_n.jpg?oh=7b17151b4d884f3db85bee18bfe24d00&oe=56A9E967 I’m sure you can see a...
I recently acquired a Stanley 101 & 102 block plane from EBay, for $15 each. These are hammer adjusted planes, and I demonstrate the process on the 101.
I started my Youtube channel series router 101 some time ago, and Ep.7 (of 8) is just out. The link for Episode 1, choosing a router can be found here: Please do take a look, comment and like, be sure to check out all the episodes, there are a lot of tips, tricks, and jig making episodes within the full series.
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1742 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 105 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 79 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1767 entries
- dbhost - 418 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- mafe - 304 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 245 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 220 entries
- robscastle - 218 entries
- Dave Rutan - 213 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 193 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 190 entries