To make the legs the right size I needed to glue two pieces together.the legs are going to be 1 1/2 by 1 1/2 which will give it the support needed.
Woodworking News Show #11: The best in woodworking news, tips and info-tainment... and we try to destroy Ted's Woodworking
The best in woodworking news, tips and info-tainment… and we try to destroy a guy named Ted… PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL! And visit our website- it’s how we support the show! View on YouTube For links to all the articles referenced in the video, see the show notes here.
Monday and Tuesday I completed the exterior walls, along with getting half of the roof shingled, My friend was over to help me on Tuesday getting the shingles up, we still need to other side to do, I managed to get the primer and the paint on the walls, this morning I spent picking up supplies to run the electrical through out the shop, I plan on putting in a sub floor outlet as well, I had limited selection on the shingles but did my best to match what was already up there. Today we have ...
I have never been really 'fast' when I am creating a new design. Whether it is the process of making one of my own creations or following the instructions of someone else, things just seem to take me a long time. Often people mention how quickly I produce new projects, and I find that rather odd. It seems that more times than not, I take quite a bit longer than I anticipate to complete anything that I am working on. I think that I can attribute the illusion of me working so quickly wi...
Simple enough here, right? Duplicate the look and feel of the aprons on the Farmhouse Table, but at the size and scale suited to a buffet with drawers. Whereas the table needed 2×4s for apron material, a buffet needs more height for drawers but less width of stock overall. I took the biggest clue from the squared-off stock at the top of the turned legs; it was that dimension setting the height of the casework and nothing else. So with a 3/4” undercap taken into account, I ne...
This week has been all about getting the door frames dovetailed together for the box style front doors on this cabinet. This was a nice task to finally finish as it gives me a final dimension for the cabinet to see and start planning the base for. More on that to come but first the doors.. A couple weeks ago while finishing up the tambours I went ahead and ripped and cut to length the wall panels for the doors. So with those sitting around already all that was left was to get ...
Came across a 60 1/2 block plane at a garage sale last summer for a couple bucks. It was in great shape except for the massive cracks on both sides of the mouth. So I picked up some crusty 60 1/2 parts on eBay to make a complete plane. The japanning was pretty much gone on the replacement cap and body, so after some time in electrylosis it got some duplicolor engine enamel. The blade, depth adjuster, knob, and eccentric lever were all taken from the original plane.So here you ha...
Not really woodwork related, but this is an update on my Carport build… The tropical storms and high winds are threatening to undo my work, so I made the decision that I would have to build the walls of the carport from concrete block to make sure it was going nowhere. I thought I had put enough support in the original build, but I have witnessed storms over the last few weeks that would test any freestanding structure. So yesterday my supplies arrived in three loads, they had to ...
Day two started with the walk up this path to the shop. After I said how pretty it was, I thought I should prove it with the pictures. Here’s the view from the screened in porch that connects Lonnie’s home and the shop, and our lunch spot. Alright, enough of the tour, get back to work! My next task was to clean up the legs, apron show surfaces and rails with a hand plane. A low angle plane with a 50 degree blade was the recommended tool. Although I brought my Lie-Nielsen...
This first picture shows the board just as I got it from Woodcrafters Here it’s been sectioned into the proper lengths to make two humidors of the same size Here it’s been further sectioned to the proper height for two humidors The grain has been carefully matched on all sides Here the box has been taken back apart and 3 coats of marine spar varnish have been applied to protect the inner box from humidity Some final shots of t...
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1566 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 394 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 268 entries
- William - 258 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- shipwright - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 199 entries
- stefang - 188 entries
- Rustic - 186 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 181 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 170 entries
- robscastle - 169 entries
- PurpLev - 163 entries
- clieb91 - 159 entries
- StumpyNubs - 149 entries
- littlecope - 148 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 145 entries
- scottb - 144 entries
- kosta - 144 entries
- Blake - 143 entries
- Eric - 139 entries