cause I started it about 3 months ago and it’s still a work in progress. But at least I’ve got all the drawers in it now. The last one was for router bit storage. Initially I planned on making this two drawers, but then I noticed what Sawdustroad was doing with his table and came up with this idea. Special note – Thanks for the idea Sawdust! It would be much better if it had full extension drawer slides on it but I went with what I had for now. I’l...
If you read my last post you might recall how I decided to purchase an X10 “Powerflash Interface” to test out as a controller for my dust collector. My skepticism about how the unit worked turned out to be well-founded. The Powerflash device sends an X10 “on” signal when 6-18VDC is applied to the contacts—but once the voltage is removed, the unit immediately sends an “off” signal. What I was looking for was a way to use a single momentary switch to to...
It was a bit dreary out today. I had a little tea in the afternoon and that motivated me to get out and finish the cabinet. Getting ready to assemble ten drawers. The plan: Staple the heck out of it.Getting ready to assemble ten drawers. With the four sides together I applied a bead of glue along the bottom edge.You can see the alignment mark. The ply panel is glued and stapled flush to the drawer front. The finished “masterwork” Notice the copious plane shavi...
I made some good progress today working on the mallet. I got the first glue up done and the dado for the handle ran through.After the dado was cut in, I then proceeded to the second glue up.Between the glue ups I started working on the handle again. I used the handle last night to test my new Auriou rasp for the 29ths reviewathon. It did a great job, though learning how to use the rasp I did leave some deep teeth marks in the handle. So out came my 3M 80 grit sandpaper, and I spent the better...
I have now posted a couple of shots of my workshop. I will have some better more detailed shots as the project progresses. The pictures have been updated with a few shots of the inside progress and oh yeah one of my dust collector that has seen its better days thanks to the recent tornados.
Saturday, March 1, 2008 Today, Rick and I went to the Canadian Home Workshop Show in Toronto. When we first arrived we were allowed to go in early because I had the Awards Winners poster to be put on display at the Steel City Tool Works booth. Next, we made our way to the Master’s Workshop where I found Ryan Servill preparing for his day. Ryan, over the duration of the show was building a duplicate to this cabinet. The quote from the Show Magazine says, ” Watc...
The box is on the move again! A short trip this time from Karson to FrankA. Frank received the box yesterday but hasn’t had a chance to go through it – some story about -5 degrees and a dead oil burner. We’ll work with him some on getting his priorities in order before the next trade… :-) The box is ‘chilling’ in New York right now, here’s where we’ve been so far: Stay tuned as the drama unfolds and we answer gripping questions like...
NOTE: As is my custom, my list of newbie questions are at the end of this post. So a week or two ago I wrote about my plans for the box lid. In short, it was going to have mitered edges with a thin strip of the lighter-colored sapwood (would you call it an inlay?) in between the mitered edges and the center piece. Today I took advantage of the Saturday down time to try to make it happen. A few days ago, I resawed a small block of wood 1/2” thick and ripped it into four pieces each...
That’s right it’s Leap Day, that anxiously awaited holiday which arrive but once each four years. With the formalities aside, it’s on to the shop inspection of Joe Hanson, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine and Lumberjock. I’m sure some cleaning up was done it anticipation of our visit, but this shop is surgically clean. And organized like a tray of instruments. So much better than the usual “Where the heck did I lay that (insert name of missing tool)...
Hi everyone,I’m posting an update to my shop progress. I now have moved all my equipment and tools in (they aren’t setup yet though) and have almost completed all the interior electrical work. I still have to run a trench from the main house to the shop and run a power line which I hope to do this weekend. I have about half the siding up and will hopefully get to work on the rest next week. A 9’x10’ corner of the shop will be used for my wife’s pottery studio...
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1315 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 388 entries
- dbhost - 380 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 302 entries
- Martin Sojka - 297 entries
- William - 258 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- mafe - 219 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 188 entries
- Rustic - 185 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- shipwright - 175 entries
- PurpLev - 163 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 163 entries
- stefang - 151 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 145 entries
- scottb - 144 entries
- kosta - 144 entries
- clieb91 - 143 entries
- Blake - 141 entries
- Eric - 139 entries
- littlecope - 135 entries
- GaryK - 131 entries
- RaggedKerf - 129 entries
- thewoodwhisperer - 127 entries