At a past X-Mas party I had a request for a cutting board… after I had made a simple cheese/bread board for a white elephant gift. BTW it was a big hit.So I decided to get with it and try to get the cutting board finished before x-mas, well thats a joke for sure. I cut some of the black walnut up and some hard maple got it all glued up then realized ” Hey! you dont have a way to sand and finish a board that large”....Ugh. It ended up being 14 1/2” X 22 1/2” HHH...
Just to revisit – project over the holidays was to turn this Wall of Horror into a new useful shop area – and here is the 98% done result! Over the holidays I installed the drawers, the drawer fronts and the knobs. Today I bought the locker in which I placed paint, finish, and sundry other items. All I have left to do is the frame and panel doors which I will start working on tomorrow. The following is a trial fit of the chisel tool chest at my lathe work station....
I started this project about three months ago, and it has been developing slowly but steadily. This is mostly because it is my first ever woodworking project and I am learning (and purchasing items) as I go. But I figured a decent bench would make a good starter project. To be honest, my end goal is to build my own guitars, but I really wanted a large and sturdy work surface other than my kitchen table to work on…so here I am. I am using the plans laid out in Christopher Schwart...
Okay folks, get ready to laugh yourselves silly. This is my first attempt at a workbench. It don’t get much more basic than this, although I did add a shelf on the bottom and I even went so far as to cut a recess in the MDF so that the vise will be flush. Still have to mount the vise and add the trim. I’ll add those pics later so you don’t hurt yourself laughing right now :) http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss140/dparkis/100_1691.jpg http://i569.photobucket.com/album...
Hi everyone… it’s been a bit since I last posted so I thought I’d take a few minutes and do some blogging…. :) I’ve got a new shop in the back now. It is a 16’ x 40’ building with a gambrel roof. I bought it from the Amish. It came completely assembled, so when they were pulling up the street in front of my house, I thought what in the world have I gotten myself into? It is as big as a mobile home and when they tried to push it to the back yard...
This is outdated picture of my work , will additionally post newer pictures .wood is walnut , treated with dark pigment and everything is ” made by hand and blade ” http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/1285/img1135.jpg(Carving of gunstock )
As most of you know, I finished the first buffalo box so what I am showing now is the intarsia of the second buffalo box. I worked out all of the pattern bugs on the first one so this one went a little faster. This first photo shows how I transfer the shape of the buffalo from the pattern to the sticky back label paper using carbon paper.The buffalo bodies are cut from 3/8” walnut,the heads are 3/8” peruvian walnut and the baby buffalo is 3/8”butternut.. The next photo s...
Remember me? I’m the guy who has never run more than about a mile, and just signed up for his first marathon. That’s just a metaphor, but … I’ve knocked out a handful of pretty easy ww projects, and am now working on an M&T set of Shaker Night Stands … loaded with things I’ve never done before. So … today brought my first-ever glue-up for Night Stand #1’s top: and Every hobby/pastime has a million questions for which the...
I’ve started a new project over the last couple of weeks. It’s two solid walnut beds (Full Size) for each of my kids.I’m making two different styles, heavily influenced by Thomas Moser’s New Century China bed and American Bungalow beds. I’ve worked on other beds in the past including a Pencil Post bed I made as a wedding gift to my wife about 10 years ago. This was after working on some projects for Jeff Miller of J. Miller Handcrafted Furniture. He published ...
I tried to post a diagram from Sketch up! as it turned out is was to small to read or see the diagram .Here’s what I did 1st I exported it from Sketch up in 2D to my pictures = Picasa then to PhotoBucket then from PhotoBucket to the LJs blog format page .I tried to enlarge it in my PhotoBucket but It wouldn’t let me to the size I needed.
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1637 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 279 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 222 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 199 entries
- stefang - 198 entries
- Rustic - 188 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 187 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- robscastle - 181 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 176 entries
- StumpyNubs - 168 entries
- PurpLev - 163 entries
- clieb91 - 159 entries
- Dave Rutan - 153 entries
- littlecope - 152 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 151 entries
- scottb - 144 entries
- kosta - 144 entries
- Blake - 143 entries