Here is an ad that appeared on the Lexington Craiglist page today. This looks like a good buy on the cherry, if anyone in this area is interested.
Following Daltexguy and Moshel I thought that I would throw in a time consuming and flesh damaging mistake of mine. You have seen them in my recent blog about a End Grain Cutting Board. They are the cauls I used in the first pic. These are supposed to be legs for my Double Duty Tablesaw Workbench project: However I modified the height of the workbench but neglected to make the needed modifications for the lacement of the dadoes on the legs. I actually made this mistake twice! I reused t...
We have now added a Showroom cam to our live video feed. We put this camera in our showroom area for when there is no activity in the shop, which is common on Saturdays. This will also be helpful to us when we’re all needed in the shop and have to abandoned the showroom. We can keep an eye on who comes in. For now the camera will be on the same feed, which means that you’ll only see one image at a time and will still be controlled by my “tool belt remote”. In the ne...
This project has been on the back burner since I had my accident in April of 2007. I was working on the feet at a woodworking class when I had the accident. It took some time for me to get back to woodworking and the workbench specifically. Today I went back to work on the feet and fixed the foot that was damaged just before my hand. Feels great. The feet look good too. I’ll post the design and pictures of the progress.
Okay sorry there is no photos with this blog and I am just blowing off steam but the advice is valid. I recently discovered that a close friend’s husband had been beating his wife for years. Never on the face always where it could be covered up. Well three days ago it went too far and she was taken to hospital with a broken ankle. She had put my name down as next of kin and had taken a taxi there herself. The hospital called me as she needed someone. Well I shot up there and soon ...
Well first I must thank Todd A. Clipper for the new title. After reading his comments I just could not resist using the suggested title for my blog. Along with the new title I will do my best to try to do things like record temperature differences between the outside air and that inside the can. As I said in an email to Todd, I think I may call it “the Can”, now. I think it is funny and it fits. At least till I buy the planned second can, then I do not know what I will call it....
Recently, I have been sucked into another hobby to my wifes displeasure! I met up with an old friend who I used to race HO scale slot cars with when we were kids. He told me he has a large 1/32” scale slot car setup in his basement and he has a small racing club that meets once a week and races. Well, being the over sized kid I am all it took was one visit and I was hooked! We have several classes of cars we race ( LeMans, Corvette, Muscle Car, NASCAR) and there is allot of information ...
I have had several people ask me how I turn a hollow form. I documented, the best I could, the process I go through when making a hollow form vase. I found it difficult stopping and photographing the process. Documenting the process became a process all in itself. The first step is selecting the wood and marking the centers. I then mount the blank on the lathe between the spur drive and the live center. The piece is then turned round. A tenon is then made for mounting into th...
Well I have decided to make one. I haven’t seen a “in progress” posting with one of these yet and grabbed a couple pics. This project was inspired by GaryK and many other LJs. Also, I looked up this project in an issue of Wood magazine. I am using Cherry, Maple, Walnut, and Titebond 3 for the glue. Being winter I am having to let things sit for an extended period of time so I get a good solid cure. I changed from using my TS to using these cauls to get the boards to stay fl...
In a previous blog, I mentioned getting a hold of several older Shopsmiths in various stages of disrepair. My goal was to make enough on the resale of a couple to keep a couple of the accessories that came with. I have an acquaintance who expressed an interest, so this first project goes to him. By serial #, this machine dates to about 1957, and although the before pic makes it look pretty bad, it was all there and only needed a new gilmer belt for the variable speed drive. They switched t...
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1221 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 388 entries
- dbhost - 333 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 301 entries
- Martin Sojka - 297 entries
- Karson - 294 entries
- William - 249 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- mafe - 208 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 187 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- Rustic - 183 entries
- PurpLev - 162 entries
- shipwright - 160 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 159 entries
- stefang - 146 entries
- scottb - 144 entries
- kosta - 144 entries
- Eric - 139 entries
- Blake - 138 entries
- littlecope - 133 entries
- GaryK - 131 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 131 entries
- RaggedKerf - 127 entries
- thewoodwhisperer - 127 entries
- Dick, & Barb Cain - 125 entries