Some of you may have saw my latest project,(http://lumberjocks.com/projects/30385), Daughters turn pro (woodworker’s that is). I am proud to say that my oldest daughter has joined LUMBERJOCKS and will be know as Built2lastkid1 (http://lumberjocks.com/Built2LastKid1). I hope everyone will make her feel as welcome as they have me and she enjoys the site and learns from it and has fun with it, as I have. We talked earlier and over time I will be encourging her to post projects, blogs,etc a...
after crosscutting and ripping my 2×4 into many many pieces it was time for glueup. because this 2×4 is reclaimed it had a previous finish on the edges. I glued the boards together and later came back to remove glue lines with a card scraper before unclamping. after unclamping the glued up boards fell apart. glue wont stick to finished materials. I already knew this but in my rush to complete the project it was overlooked. Out comes the thinner and the scraper to remove the finish ...
Wrote myself a note on my ipod touch. Had three things on the list. Put the ipod in my pocket when I went into Home Depot and Lowes. Can you guess the rest of the story? Bought three things in the store. Unfortunately, one of the things was not the casters so I’m not done yet. The good news in my senior moment is that I did find something at Lowes that HD no longer carries – the brass push plates for the doors to my fancy room. Now have kick plates on the pushing side of the do...
Hello LJ, In today’s blog post there is a fish mentioned and a Stanley 45. I have a question about the Stanley 45. It is multiple choice, and won’t count towards your mid-term grade. http://bit.ly/9sqMQc Brian
My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer #1373: On The Road for a Couple of Days and another Site Update
Today's post will be somewhat quick! I wanted to let you all know that I won't be posting much for the next several days. Keith and I decided to take some time to explore beautiful Nova Scotia as well as Prince Edward Island. We haven't been away since October and last summer we missed taking our annual exploration trip so we felt like now was the best time to go. I pretty much met all of my deadlines and while there is still stuff that I want to do, there will ALWAYS be thi...
The first version of the coffee table include corner built legs. Two 1×4’s screwed and glued up at right angles with the bracing side curved in 3 inches above the floor. My more intelligent better looking half did not like the legs so I had to redo them. My style is called rustic. The entire table top is made from deck boards 5/8×6 by 35. The boards were rough sanded then biscuit joined and glued. Now the legs are 19” x 5 1/2” x 3 1/2’ landscape timber cut...
I can hardly believe it…the end is near. I have begun painting the inside of the shop and after much hassle (OSB and paint do not work well together) I am just about to finish this project up. The first paint I applied looked good the evening I applied it, but when I went back out to the shop the next day to admire it, you could hardly tell it had been painted at all! There was just a light chalky film in the area I had painted. So back to the drawing board. After a little research, I w...
I just stumbled onto the LJ website recently while surfing the internet for bandsaw box designs. I must say, I am impressed! There are several wonderful projects that the LJ community has made. Thanks for your inspiration! Then I checked out the blog section. I am a child of one of the first computer generations. I am can find my way around a computer very well and I have said on several occasions that if it were not for Google and spellcheck, I would not be able to hold down a job! ...
I spent the weekend disassembling, and cleaning the unisaw that I bought last week. Most everything went well, at least until I went to replace the blade sawdust shield under the table. I kept all the parts neatly in piles together with their respective pieces. But when it came to the sawdust shield I had a major brain fart….I spent over four hours trying to figure out what I had done wrong…even looked at the parts list several times before I realized that I had the spacer on the ...
Ok so i was reading a blog or project here can’t remember which, but it reminded me of a funny thing that happened years ago in my shop. Maybe some of you could chime in on one or two of your mishaps in the shop. So i had this old router table that i had made and the cross members for the legs had holes drilled in them to hold all my router bits. Nice and easy access for quick changes, well i never expected what the hazards could be until it happened…... At the time i had a ...
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1472 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 394 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- mafe - 234 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 197 entries
- shipwright - 194 entries
- Rustic - 186 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- stefang - 183 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 169 entries
- PurpLev - 163 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 159 entries
- robscastle - 148 entries
- clieb91 - 147 entries
- littlecope - 147 entries
- scottb - 144 entries
- kosta - 144 entries
- Blake - 142 entries
- Eric - 139 entries
- StumpyNubs - 135 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 134 entries