As in my first blog entry, this is a thing of beauty I saw at Bunratty Castle in Ireland – wooden of course. It measured about 4 feet square (or so my memory says) and was housed near a window. My guess again is 17th century. I cannot fathom the amount of work this entailed. There is a closer shot of detail I found interesting below. You can see some wear on the dogs – probably from hands reaching up and petting them (alas!). I hope you enjoyed the scenery. See...
The Raker is having trouble using circular scroll saw blades with his Hegner saw. They break about an inch above the lower blade holder or they come out of the upper holder. Am I the only one having these problems? Tell me what to do I’ve got several projects to finish before gold season starts-I’m using Jeff Zaffinos patterns they are very complicated.
there is a chatroom site that all can join BUT i would hope no one would leave this site unless to live chati could prob setthat up if enough are interested -i ponder is 4 ppl enough 10 or 20+ cost is $50 a year for chatroom ownerthen the OWNER can deligate others to keep the peace ie: code of conduct
Ruminations, Philosophy, and Workshop Antics.......... #15: I Cannot do Quick and Dirty AnyMore........................got a melody?
I did my best, I tried to control myself…...to no avail…....this was a miserable failure. I cannot do QUICK AND DIRTY ANYMORE…... ......I claim complete rights to the country and western song title…........(-: So how was it that my attempt to do something just minimal, unfinished, no amenities, just blast it out, who cares what people think, I am going to replace it anyway…........was a fiasco…...a flop…....... I am a total screwup. Now...
3/26/10 So I as you can read in my previous blog posts about my woodworking education, I have been seriously contemplating enrolling in a full time furniture craftsmanship program. I recently returned from a visit to Palomar Community College in San Marcos, Ca to meet with the Cabinet and Furniture technology program instructors and take a tour of their facility. I mentioned that I was about 90% sure that I would be going there this fall (August 2010). Well, I’m not at 90% any more… ...
I’ve measured the space where I’m going to put the rack, and started to want to visualize the design. I opted to fire up Google SketchUp which has been really useful for me in the past in laying things out and seeing them in 3D. This is the preliminary design only, as I still need to move things around and make sure the spacing and height and shadow lines are where I think I might want them. One of the challenges was how to make it “light” looking, and making the ...
Hello Lumberjocks, Tonight’s post, on a scale of 1 to 37, is a solid 29. I am not sure if the woodworking community will care to read about my lawn adventure today, or agree that Lawn Care is the Evil twin of Woodworking, but I welcome the debate. There is one other significant aspect to tonight’s blog. I have, to some small measure, tipped the scales a little bit away from my obvious cat bias, and included a really cute picture of Maggie, the neighbor’s dog. I am s...
Progress being made on my clock project – Ironic that I’m having to continue my learning of patience on a project to make a time measurement piece. Check out my progress here to read about my exploits as I reflect and continue this project. Here are also some additional pictures I decided to not include in the blog.Rear side of the face & frame assembly. There’s a gap between the face and the lower rail of the frame to allow the pendulum to swing freely. Note that ...
Time to wrap this one up…I got in a full morning and part of the afternoon’s play today and completed the assembly… almost. Started by pegging the corners of the lid togetherThen the bottom, first up and into the bottom corners, then down through the top halfwayThe clamping on those may look precarious, but is actually very well balanced. I clamp each corner individually that way and lift the whole assembly to where I tap in the pegs.With that done, I finally fill in the exp...
ok so im hanging doors, that i bought pre-hung, and they all fit, now that i have taken them all off and painted them white(4 coats of paint…sheww!!!) i replaced all the hinges with oil brushed bronze and now they dont fit???? I read on another blog to put the longer scrEws in the top and bottom, but which hole in the top and bottom hinges? HELP!!!!
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1684 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- dbhost - 400 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 281 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 229 entries
- Betsy - 225 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- stefang - 206 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 200 entries
- robscastle - 189 entries
- Rustic - 189 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 188 entries
- Chris Davis - 184 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 176 entries
- StumpyNubs - 174 entries
- Dave Rutan - 169 entries
- PurpLev - 163 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 163 entries
- clieb91 - 159 entries
- littlecope - 152 entries
- RaggedKerf - 145 entries
- Blake - 144 entries
- scottb - 144 entries