It’s been well over a year since Debbie and I moved into our “New” Apartment.There has been something unsightly in our kitchen bugging me all that time…Covered over by taped plastic, there is a big hole in the ceiling… It’s an access hole, to the plumbing for our bathroom, in the room right above it… Today I tore down the plastic, to see what it looks like… It is about what I figured… In these old houses, they put in dropped ceilings ma...
The drum project is progressing well. The base was cut from a piece of 15mm ply and attached with a “few” screws and glue. I sat the drum on the ply traced a line around the outside and cut the profile out on the bandsaw then ran a straight bearing mounted router bit around the edge to cut it back parallel and smooth I had some concerns about the segments at the top breaking off if somebody stood on the drum so I made a reinforcing ring to support them all. I h...
This morning before work I finally got a plan together for this cabinet. It hits all the design criteria I had laid out and more so I think it’s a go on the build now. Here is my highly technical “sketch up” of the cabinet :D This is a head on view. The bottom cabinet with drawers on it will reside between the legs and can be un attached and rolled elsewhere in the shop if needed. This will hold mostly consumables (sandpaper, glue up supplies etc) and my sharpen...
Took a long time to get to this point and I neglected to update the blog. However, within the last 2 weeks, I was able to make some great progress. Over the last month and a half, I set up an electrolysis vat using our large recycling cart, car battery charger, bunch of rebar pieces, copper wire, water and washing soda. It’s not completely done but i...
This is nothing like WWMM specials but it is the best I could do on very short notice. Thanks to a residual bug from my daughter’s illness I, too, got sick which kept me out of the shop. Hope you all enjoy, be sure and subscribe if you haven’t and give me comments and feedback on my first special.
I’m not sure exactly when it happened but I have been bitten by the woodworking bug. It’s not like I haven’t been around it though just in a different way: construction style woodworking I.E. Framing walls and installing door and window trim. I have just wanted to expand my knowledge to be able to create more. I have envisioned myself building cabinets and furniture. I can only imagine the satisfaction that would come from making something so beautiful that would actually ha...
OK – I paid the price for my half a week of artistic adventure. Yesterday I needed to play “catch up” and was absolutely worn out by evening. Needless to say I made no progress on my painting. But it will be there for me when the holidays are over. Perhaps the time away will do me good. For today’s post, I want to re-post one of my favorite blogs that I have written. I know it is kind of cheating, but it was fun and cute and since I have many more readers now th...
You make more space of course! Get rid of tools . . . what are you, nuts?! For me, I needed to clear floor space in order to get bigger tools back against the walls, get them on wheels, and create some storage underneath them. But to do that, I needed to learn how to make cabinets. Because there’s no way in hell I’m paying for cabinets! I’m a semi-competent-carpenter-wanna-be-woodworker with a fair share of self respect after all. So I bought a Freud rail and stile bit set and got to wo...
I got this off a craigslist add a few years ago. It’s old school with oil bath bearings. And tracking adjusters on both sides of the idler roller. The disk sander table has a really terrible angle adjuster, a screw wedge, but it also has two support arms that help lock the table in position. It has worked well for me although the belt has a tendency to drift.The problem was pretty bad until the rubber sleeve on the idler roller disintegrated due to dry rot.I decided to repla...
Since I relied on many pictures when I was designing my router table I thought I would share some of what I came up with. I used: Incra Maste-R-Lift II, Incra LS17 Positioner Super Fence, PC 7518 Router, Kreg paddle switch and a iGauging 6” DRO Additional pictures here Though I found many pictures of tables with Incra lift systems, I never found one that showed how to attach a iGauging DRO (digital readout) to the lift. Also I never saw any satisfactory locations for the DRO...
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1623 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 279 entries
- William - 258 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- shipwright - 218 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 199 entries
- stefang - 198 entries
- Rustic - 188 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 187 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 176 entries
- robscastle - 172 entries
- StumpyNubs - 168 entries
- PurpLev - 163 entries
- clieb91 - 159 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 150 entries
- littlecope - 150 entries
- scottb - 144 entries
- kosta - 144 entries
- Blake - 143 entries
- Dave Rutan - 141 entries