A few days ago I cleared off the lower shelf on my saw to take some pictures for planning. The Shop Kitty immediately began supervising.
congratulatetions to all of you what an acombliss you have made during the years fantastic to see a site with over 40000 projects in one placeceep on posting them :-) welll I know you will well I´m speachless more or less over so many fine things and the help there is in one place thank you all for what you have done and will do to make this the best woodworking site ever and here is for the next 40000 projects a little Danish pastry and Danish Chrismas pastry to all of you ....best th...
Well, I missed the Christmas deadline, but my daughters were still very pleased. My wife and I decided and told everybody last year that we were only giving gifts that we made. This was prompted by my daughters (3) all asking for shopping money. It was important to my wife and I that they know what the true meaning of Christmas is and to be thnakful for the many gifts they have been blessed with over the years. Namely, never going hungry….always having a roof over their heads…e...
There are some days when I just absolutely love my job. Yesterday was one of those days. It reminded me why I fight so hard on those not-so-good days to keep this job and keep doing what I am doing. Funny thing was, it wasn’t that much different from most days I have. I printed out some orders that have to go out in the mail today, answered some questions from customers, laid out and cut out my newest project, made a good dinner, and I even took my walk in the evening. We have ta...
This is a computer case I came up with as a All-in-one design. The cabinet houses the computer components as well as a 23” LCD display. I used spalted maple (harvested from our firewood pile) and pine for the back, purple heart for the corners, marblewood to frame the LCD display, and paduk/maple for the the side panels.
As a long time rocker, it seemed only appropriate to marry my 2 passions when it finally came time to revamp the pedalboard. I decided to do a wedge shaped “container” with a 1/2” plexiglass board to mount the equipment on. I wanted to make this this thing a little fancy, so I chose tiger maple and plan on dying it black, and finishing with a high gloss poly to look similar to a guitar finish. The stock that I purchased is 4/4 and through the great suggestions of my fellow L...
Its been a week or so since I signed up for LJ. For most of that week I haven’t given LJ a lot of thought, as I’ve been busy in non-wood projects. So I guess with all good beginnings, this one should start out with a little foundation work. In the experience category I have very little. As a child I was only ever exposed to woodworking on the rare occasion through shop class or BSA arts and crafts. As an adult I moved around a lot and have never, until recently, had a fixed...
I attempted to add a riser block to my Jet Bandsaw last weekend. But got stuck taking the dang thing apart. I was able to get it all taken apart except for, well, taking it apart. I got the bold and everything taken apart I just can’t get the pins out and take the top off. I was able to pound one pin down flat against the steel but the other one ain’t budging. It would probably be more helpful if I had taken a bandsaw apart before but I haven’t. So really I have no idea what...
I never said I was the sharpest knife in the drawer. I don’t really think I am stupid either. But what do I know? . . . If yesterday was an indication of the weeks to come then we are in trouble. It is amazing how such a simple plan can get so fouled up in such a short time. It started out simple enough. I wanted to get a new battery for the Mustang so it would be ready for the trip in three weeks. I had to be in Yarmouth (which is about 40 minutes away) for another appointme...
After three months of once-a-week woodworking, my Les Paul Jr. project is finally starting to look like a guitar. I spent the first hour of my class installing frets on the guitar’s neck, a process that involves fretwire, a fretting hammer, a few clamps, flush-trimming pliers, some CA glue and a file. The basic process is to cut the fretwire — which had been radiused to 10 inches — for each fret, leaving an extra quarter- to half-inch on either side. Cutting the fretwire Next, I c...
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1315 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 388 entries
- dbhost - 380 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 302 entries
- Martin Sojka - 297 entries
- William - 258 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- mafe - 219 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 188 entries
- Rustic - 185 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- shipwright - 175 entries
- PurpLev - 163 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 163 entries
- stefang - 151 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 145 entries
- scottb - 144 entries
- kosta - 144 entries
- clieb91 - 143 entries
- Blake - 141 entries
- Eric - 139 entries
- littlecope - 135 entries
- GaryK - 131 entries
- RaggedKerf - 129 entries
- thewoodwhisperer - 127 entries