A few months back. Mike (jockmike2) and I went in together on a couple hundred board feet of air dried lumber at Raven’s Farm, a mill that is local to us. The cost came out to about 1.25 a board foot which was a steal as far as I was concerned. Boards have been setting for a bit, with a dozen getting acclimated to the shop. I don’t have the space for a jointer so have been working the boards with a recent plane addition and then running them through my Ridgid. Woodworking i...
Here is a router table I made from an old table saw top. I wanted to have a router table that was solid and accurate when making cuts. I found this table saw top in my dad’s garage one day and I knew just what I was going to do with it. Using an end mill in my router, I carefully routered a flat pocket in the back side of the top just big enough to mount the router to it. Then I purchased a piece of gage stock to replace the blade insert plate. To get the right shape I needed to cut the...
In the last while, I have been sanding and shaping the helicopter. I did end up getting the pneumatic sander. It is the perfect tool for the job. I have probably spent 10 hours, but many more are to come. It is ver difficult to get it to the same shape of the real helicopter, it is still more square-ish then I would like it to be. Also just realized that the rear-bottom comes to a point, so a lot of material is yet to be removed. Thanks in advance for your comments.
This isn’t a tutorial, but a way to remind myself. Simple isn’t very forgiving. I’ve finished one simple black ebony pen with the hopes of equaling the same finish quality. A shiny glossy ca glue finish was the lofty goal I was trying to attain. Tonight I was denied the satisfaction. This was my 3rd pen. The 1st was done on a whim which led to the 2nd. The 1st was done without care and expectations, but the gauntlet was thrown down. It generated interest where someone reque...
Hi guys. yesterday i decided to make a quick n easy chiselrack for my new japanese chisels, they dont really deserve to be hidden away in a box on the shelve. i made it from some Wengé scrap that was just sitting there under my workbench anyways, this is the first picture after i assembled it,so its not done yet, and the chisels haven’t been fitted :) ps: iam making this after i sign out at work, so iam using my free time :)
finnaly doing the install, next i have to make paterns for subtop and have steel waterjeted for the very top that will be 1/2 steel bolted to the steel legs to support the 2 1/2 inch stone top the doors and drawers are done but i have to wait for floor dry pack then take off the 1/8 inch dam that will hold off the dry pack then the stone floor and then i can scribe the front modesty panel to the finished floor and place the collum on the right end then cut some poplar to match the top...
Follow along as I build a tenor guitar. In this video I’ll finish fitting, shaping and gluing in the top bracing.
I haven’t fallen of the face of the earth but I am behind on the Queen Size bed build. It has become a money pit because of a 5/8” mortising bit that I didn’t own. Then I realized that the throat on the mortising machine is on 6” and the bottom rail is 8” so I ordered a 5/8” mortising chisel. While waiting for it to get here I dry fit the head board and low and behold a queen size bed is more than 6’ wide and by the way that was the longest length of pipe clamp that I owned. So then I shell o...
We often hear the saying that “something is better than nothing” and I for one, am one of those people who truly believe that. Recently, I had a problem with my Excalibur scroll saw and while it is out of commission as I wait for the part, at least I have my back up DeWalt saw to use so that I can still get my work done. But that doesn’t necessarily mean that it will be easy. I spent the last couple of days drawing and working on other things. But yesterday I got to the...
I know it doesn’t look like much progress but it feels like a lot because a lot of learning went into getting this far. Plus I initially scored the fretboard in the wrong places for frets so I had to sand it down and start again. Fretboard and neck sanded to 320. This is after 2nd coat of lacquer, another coat or two and I’ll add frets for which I’m going old school.
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1510 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 394 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- mafe - 240 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- shipwright - 203 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 197 entries
- stefang - 186 entries
- Rustic - 186 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 177 entries
- PurpLev - 163 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 163 entries
- robscastle - 154 entries
- clieb91 - 152 entries
- littlecope - 147 entries
- scottb - 144 entries
- kosta - 144 entries
- Blake - 143 entries
- Eric - 139 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 139 entries
- StumpyNubs - 139 entries