This cat carrier is made from 1/2” pine (to keep the weight down) and all the joinery is Domino based.
I had a piece of white oak which I salvaged out of someone’s fire bin. It had a crack in, but by cutting and laminating I managed to get the crack invisible on the outside. The sanding guidelines after cutting the block to size. After sanding to shape on the disk sander The engine block and radiator ready to be joined. On this photo the crack that I mentioned above is clearly visible. After the radiator is fitted however, it will not be visible anymore. Radiator and engi...
So at this point you may be thinking, 3 out of the 4 of your blast gates seem to be really high and not very easy to get to. But I did a little bit of thinking, in the wee hours of the morning while most people are wasting their time sleeping and came up with an idea that works well for me. I originally wanted to do a really cool automated system like I saw at I like to make stuff (http://www.iliketomakestuff.com/automated-blast-gates/) but then I remembered I was poor and that was out of ...
Yesterday I started on a project that will (fingers and toes crossed) solve a a simple problem with a device not working as hoped for. The device?The ACU>RITE indoor/ourdoors wifi temperature sensor and electronic gauge. The problem?We have been using it on the unheated back porch, and because of heat loss from the house into the porch area the outdoor readings are skewed by quite a bit. The answer?Make and mount a wooden hanger on the outside wall of the back porch; make and sus...
Greetings, LJs!I’d like to know what sort of success folks may have had making a workbench top as follows: I have a solid core flush door that I want to layer up with plywood. This will be my first woodworking bench for hand tools so my “method” or style is not defined yet. Therefore, I’m not ready to invest in the 3” maple top. I’m just looking to use what I have to get a start so I can feel my way around it. I already have a large Wilton vise that I boug...
After torching and wire brushing the wood slats that will make-up the dial I decided to paint them black. Yes, that’s on odd choice, but since the final effect is an aged patina I’m going to apply a crackled antique white as the final finish and I realized that there just wasn’t going to be enough contrast without adding black. Next I had the wrestle the 5’ X 5’ sheet of Baltic Birch ply up onto a Shopsmith Mark V that served as a make-shift assembly tabl...
So, my task today was to cut up a piece of maple I bought the other day to make the gap stop and get it glued up in the clamps and then go over to family for Easter dinner. I set up the band saw and set about resawing the board into two halves. It went fine for the first 3/4 of the board then it was binding the blade and was not tracking straight, and not wanting to cut. I made a couple of adjustments, everything else looked fine in the setup. It just wouldn’t cut and was binding hor...
MDF and Drawer Slides #1: What screw type or method is best to fasten slides to MDF core plywood carcase?
I recently changed my mind about hand fitting these drawers to the dresser I am making. I decided in order to quickly finish this project that I would use side mounted drawer slides. The dresser is primarily MDF core maple plywood with maple hardwood trim on its edges. I followed the plan I purchased for joining the panels with biscuits. Originally I was going to follow the plan to hand fit the drawers by precisely fitting the drawer parts by using bench planes. Recently I decided to u...
Getting the ends put on the top now. Both end top pieces are glued and screwed on. This piece is 3-1/2” wide. And this piece is 3” wide. A view inside with the end piece on top. These dowels are definitely too soft. Next time hardwood or poplar dowels. Or maybe square nails. Flush cut and sanded. One end done. OK, I’m sold. This is the best saw blade I’ve ever owned. Smoothest cut ever! Getting ready do glue up an extra board to make ...
Walls are up, locked in and anchored down with 4” ring shank nails hand pounded in :) , I used 6” x 1/2” Lag Screws to anchor the new walls to the existing walls along with nails, I have one window partially framed in with header, I built the existing rafter in place by attaching a 12’ long board to each end of the trim boards resting on top of the top wall plate creating a rafter and also attaching a second rafter to the outer side of that existing trim boards having ...
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1583 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 395 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 275 entries
- William - 258 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- shipwright - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 199 entries
- stefang - 188 entries
- Rustic - 188 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 181 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 175 entries
- robscastle - 169 entries
- PurpLev - 163 entries
- clieb91 - 159 entries
- StumpyNubs - 152 entries
- littlecope - 150 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 147 entries
- scottb - 144 entries
- kosta - 144 entries
- Blake - 143 entries
- Eric - 139 entries