I am very sorry that the tutorial is still down. I lost all the pictures and just have moved on to other things. But the good news is that others have come to the rescue with their own tutorials and are just as good…even better than mine.Here is one by Scott http://lumberjocks.com/projects/58221Andy
So having read part #1 I’ll complete the second variation of the Drunken checker board pattern. The process is basically the same except for one critical part and is as follows. Start again by taping two blanks together. This time In stead of making opposing S cuts I’ll follow the S pattern with each cut. (I get a little sloppy, but it works out OK). Follow the Part #1 procedure. CRITICAL PART! This step creates the difference between the pattern in part one ...
Inspired by Jeff’s (Jcoulam) homemade cyclone dust collector, I decided to make one just like his. This blog is written to show how I built it. At a local home center, I purchased one 8”x24 metal duct, a 5-ft 2” PVC pipe, a 2” PVC elbow, and two 2” couplers for about $18. The first step is to make the cone. I tried to twist the metal sheet into a cone but just couldn’t make it look right and managed to get a small cut in my hand in the process. Ou...
Or maybe I should call it Two and a Half Steps. Anyway, I cannot believe that I am building another one of these, but heck, they are so much fun. This is a continuing saga of endgrain geometric boards using three contrasting woods. A light color, medium color, and dark wood selection are jointed and planed to the same thickness. I started by tilting the blade to 60 degrees and ripping an edge on all three boards. I then moved the blade over about an inch and ripped again creating a sma...
Well, yes, the Kerf Maker is a very clever jig. I have a different take on its manufacture. I see a reason to have several, NO, Wait… Why not make them DISPOSABLE? :) I had a need to use one today so why not make one. Here it is: I used a stick of about 1/2” square pine. Yeah, Pine(or is that Poplar?). And some double sided tape. Cut the stick in half. (I’m kinda protective of my tape. Can ya tell?) Then stick both halves together with the tape. &n...
Quite awhile ago SPALM posted his project for a 3D cutting board: http://lumberjocks.com/SPalm/blog/17488 the more I followed his progress the more I wanted to build one myself and thanks to SPALM’s ripping jig and his idea I began building. Along the way I found myself in need of various clamping jigs that would make this project as easy and as accurate as possible. The journey begins:I built the ripping jig that Spalm built and ripped my stock with the blade set at 30 deg. using sc...
STANLEY BENCH PLANE RESTORATION Click here for large format version PDF ELECTROLYTIC RUST REMOVAL INSTRUCTION SHEET More information available on my woodworking blog & podcast The Folding Rule Show Step #1 – Cleaning & Rust Removal I have been inspired by a number of resources to start using my hand planes and start on the slippery slope of a hand plane collection. Not the least of whom has been Wayne, our own Lumberjocks plane guru. Of course I have also explored...
I’ll try to explain how I did this project:http://lumberjocks.com/projects/38288 1. I take a cutoffs, which just can’t to waste 2. Cut them into small pieces, not necessarily cubic: 3. Disks we need: 40, 120, 320 sand paper and wool disk 4. A tin and PVC stripes for soundproofing: 5. My driil. It can work for hours at speed ‘C/D’ (i have been told it could be problem for drills). 6. An IKEA stool and milled groove in it for the tin. 7. The...
Enough people have asked me how the Bow Boxes I made and posted were crafted that I figured a blog was warranted. My post is here “Bow Box”: http://lumberjocks.com/projects/68845. I have seen others make the boxes and thought you might like to see different interpretations of them. bigogre has done several. Here is one of his: “Box”: http://lumberjocks.com/projects/73998. moonls recently posted one with wonderful banding in the ribbons and bow. See it “here...
This summer’s projects have been boxes. Lots and lots of boxes. Somewhere along the way I got the idea of combining the wrapping technique with a simple inlay to see how hard it would be to align the lines all around the box. In other words, at the corners. Turns out it is not that hard to do. So I’ve been experimenting. I’ve posted the first completed boxes as a Project and will post more upon completion. The photos below give an overview of this technique and the pi...
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1774 entries
- dbhost - 427 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- mafe - 304 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 250 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- robscastle - 218 entries
- Dave Rutan - 217 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 194 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 192 entries
- Rustic - 190 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 188 entries
- Chris Davis - 184 entries
- StumpyNubs - 180 entries
- bandit571 - 173 entries
- PurpLev - 163 entries
- clieb91 - 161 entries
- littlecope - 153 entries
- andyboy - 151 entries
- RaggedKerf - 151 entries