LumberJocks Woodworking Blogs

  • Advertise with us
View Jerry's profile

Great Companies to Deal With #1:

06-02-2018 05:38 PM by Jerry | 4 comments » is a Customer Service Hero. Far too many times I’ve ordered items USPS priority or next day air only to have the order languish for several days before even getting processed for shipment, thereby completely negating my costly efforts to get said item at my doorstep in a timely manner. I ordered some Mission style cabinet door pulls from this outfit last Wednesday. Imagine my surprise when they showed up in my mailbox on Friday. These folks got my order out t...

Read this entry »

View Tooch's profile

Adventures in CNC routing #6: Wine Box pt. 2

06-01-2018 12:41 PM by Tooch | 5 comments »

My last post went through the CNC & engraving aspects of building a wine box prior to glue-up. Although this post doesn’t deal much with CNC, I figured it’d be best placed in line with the last post. So anyways, here are the more traditional woodworking steps included in my wine box construction. I start by setting up the TS and Spline Sled to cut grooves into the corners of the box. I was going to attach a link to the project page that I posted my spline sled, but jus...

Read this entry »

View rainbowman's profile

looking for serious people to start new live edge slab dealerships #1: woodworkers

06-01-2018 11:37 AM by rainbowman | 4 comments »

i operate a large volume slab sawmill that is capable of cutting very large live edge slabs we have started 4 dealerships in the south i am looking to start new ones in texas ohio california or any state west of north carolina if interested email me thanks

Read this entry »

View canadianchips's profile

Last move

05-31-2018 11:11 PM by canadianchips | 6 comments »

Well Hello everyone !Some of my friends have been wondering. Where is he? What is he doing ?.Without a lot of Detail.I moved AGAIN !Last November I was given an opportunity (She is a good friend, we worked together 20 years ago)Her husband died of cancer 10 years ago. She lives on an acreage with a beautiful heated workshop.(He was a cabinet maker)I moved here last fall and work on the acreage doing yardwork, etc. We also have a small joint business together in local city.Moved ALL my tools ...

Read this entry »

View hookfoot's profile


05-31-2018 08:58 PM by hookfoot | 2 comments »

I appologize for the confussion.I will have these models on display this weekend at the NAMA show at Penns Cave, in Center Hall Pa. I am located in the toy building. The 5130B that I will have at the show is a 1/8th scale model that I just finished. I can not get a photo of the 1/8th scale to print because my new camera makes the photo to large to print. Remember I am a woodworker, not a computer person. This is the reason for the photo of the 1/16th scale 5130B excavator.The 5130B 1/8th...

Read this entry »

View Sheila Landry (scrollgirl)'s profile

My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond #1860: Lots of Creative Fun!

05-31-2018 12:01 PM by Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) | 4 comments »

New blog post on my Wordpress account – Lots of Creative FUN!

Read this entry »

View bandit571's profile

Simple Bedside Table #2: Leg work, and other jobs

05-31-2018 07:26 AM by bandit571 | 1 comment »

Bedframe is completed, installed, posted….Boss approved…soooo, I can get back to that little table? Since this thing was still out, I cut the bad sections out of the 1×4s..enough “good” was left.. To make two short and two long blanks….set these out of the way, for now. That 2×10 under them? may have a used for it, on another project…right now it is in the way…clamps came off the top…ran a plane along all four edges.. Which...

Read this entry »

View bandit571's profile

Simple Bedside Table #1: Started up

05-31-2018 07:08 AM by bandit571 | 0 comments »

Wanted something to do, while I was waiting on parts for that bedframe project…While picking up lumber for the bed, I also picked a 1×10 x 4’, and a couple 1×4 x 4’ boards….just Pine, cheap ones from Menard’s….had to dig through and find the best in the bin…. Which left the problem of legs for the table….table didn’t NEED to be all that tall…..had a chunk of 2×10, about 29” long…..nasty mess in the cente...

Read this entry »

View LukeCan's profile

Woodworking in Nairobi, Kenya #1: Contemplating the move and possibilities

05-30-2018 03:47 PM by LukeCan | 3 comments »

For three years I’ve been trying to do woodworking with only hand tools in a 12’x12’ hot room I share the the Laundry machines and chest freezer of an Apartment in Panama city, Panama (not the Panama City in Florida). I am getting excited though because in 2 months I am moving to a hopefully bigger space. This time in Nairobi, Kenya for a two year posting as a result of my wife’s work. The excitement comes from dream of the possibilities of living in a house (not ap...

Read this entry »

View LittleBlackDuck's profile

Sharing shop vacs between power tools.

05-30-2018 09:10 AM by LittleBlackDuck | 12 comments »

Boys and Girls, While this may be old hat to most, I’ve had enough friends (another one today/yesterday) saying that it’s a good idea, so I thought it might be worth a shout out. If you have a shop vac with an automatic outlet and share it amongst a number of tools during the one session, bridge the two with a power outlet plugged into the dusty. You can then plug each of the power tools into a spare outlet and give them all access to the dusty without dancing the power point shuffl...

Read this entry »

« prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 5097 next »
50970 entries

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics