These are a bit small for individual blogs so I am throwing these together. 1) maple pepper mill2) skinner knife – snakewood This is my first time making a knife. I may have made the scales a bit small. If I don’t like them, then I will have to move from snakewood to some maple burl. I will have to make the leather case for this too. I want to by a Beall buff for these 2 but so far the “why don’t we save money by you making the Christmas gifts this yearR...
I wanted to make a storage case for my young niece who LOVES necklaces (and my sister who is tired of untangling said necklaces). I started my inspiration from one of Doug Stowe’s books. I am using the basic dimensions but adding more of an “Arts & Crafts” feel. I also will not be adding his fabric panels. I also want to make a necklace carousel to add extra storage rather than just around the sides. I have been designing this as I go which means a lot of trips to t...
When dad gave me his shop he had some particle board that had a funky patinaed copper veneer. He thought that it would make a neat clock but never got to it. I decided to try making that clock for him. The particle board is 7/8” thick so I needed to go rather thick on the frame. Found some 2x poplar and glued up an eight sided frame. Cut it round on the bandsaw and then mounted to the lathe (I glued a 3/4” plywood back during the glue-up). When I am done, I will part the fra...
Hi Well I got all the logs milled. Had 39 total logs and got about 2000 BF of lumber. Of that I have about 600 BF of Hard Maple and about 600 BF of Cherry. The rest is Poplar, White Pine, Elm, Hemlock, and one that I am not sure what it is. My dad thinks it is Ironwood all I know is that it has some real nice fiqure and a little pink hue to it. Still got some logs at my dads that I need to mill. They are White Cedar and some more Hard Maple. Here is a couple pictures of me milling that nic...
I have been busy getting ready for an open house at the craft mall. Starting to get Christmas gifts un the works. I have made more foot stools, and candle holders. I have also attended my 1st West Michigan Woodworkers Guild meetinig. I am paying my dues next month. I really enjoyed it. It was held at Johnsons Workbench. The room was full with more name tags that were not picked up. I was welcomed into the folds of the guild like I have been there all the time. It is sooo nice to be among f...
Unorthodox WoodWorking Tools…. ….at some point in my woodworking story,the point was made that i must create beyond,“beyond what” i heard my-self asking again until,“until the dreams you have be-come art” i perceived…. ….so much that i was more at the world’s lost end of my-self,since all my be-ing up until then had be-come as un-perceived,works of art back then all included “other’s” concept for wood,till the responsibility back then was all laid on my shou...
I finished lining off the planks today. Lining off is the process with which you project the final plank layout onto the hull. My first attempt at this didn’t go so well. Thanks to some suggestions from some fellow lumberjocks, I took the time to learn more about the process and I’m much happier with the results. The book, Building Small Boats by Greg Rossel, as recommended by DaveR, is an exceptional resource and I basically used the process in the lining off chapter. Results ...
I found a Stanley tool and level Co. # 28 at a flea market but the frog and blade are missing. Any idea where I can find them? The plane is in excellant shape other than the missing parts.
This morning DW told me that she was heading to her mother’s around noon. So I had a deadline for my most recent client. Two sides attached. View of the inside. When I got to this point I though . . . “I wonder if those arrows will show when I’m finished.” This it the top made from a piece of 1×4 D4S pine. It was ripped, a groove cut along the inside edge for it to fit over the top and a 45 on the outside edge to make it match the base(s). It was at this ...
Got my Microdot Friday. Yay! I had found a good wood filler a few days ago and had filled in and sanded all of the holes. I covered both surfaces with ample adhesive. Waited until they were plenty dry. Just as before, I used dowels to keep the pieces apart as I wined them up. Removed the dowels one by one and pressed on the Formica. I did a preliminary rolling with the J-Roller then flush trimmed the edges of the laminate. Everything was going fine. I spent 10 minutes furiously...
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1719 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- dbhost - 403 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 286 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 231 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- stefang - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 203 entries
- robscastle - 196 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 191 entries
- Dave Rutan - 191 entries
- Rustic - 190 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 188 entries
- Chris Davis - 184 entries
- StumpyNubs - 175 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 169 entries
- PurpLev - 163 entries
- clieb91 - 160 entries
- littlecope - 152 entries
- bandit571 - 152 entries
- RaggedKerf - 151 entries
- Blake - 144 entries