I have almost finished my TSDC beginner woodworker contest entry. This has been a lot of fun and a lot of work at the same time. The 30 day dead line sounds easy enough to meet yet I’m struggling to make it. I have pushed myself a bit with this project. I came up with an original design and then, with the help of a friend and my wife, I realized that I should burn that and come up with a second original design. My second design is more well received by my panel of personal critic...
This coffee table base was finished 2 months ago and we were able to get it shipped to The Netherlands. Out customer was going to put a rock fossil top on this, but had decided that it was so cool and unique that he ended up putting glass on it. It is 17” tall, finished with 3 coats stain polycrylic.
Well week 6 is behind me and so am I on this project. Last night I glued up the boards for the top and cut the tenons in the aprons( the blue tape was a big hit even with the instructor). There was another event tonight but they did not appreciate all the noise that was coming out to the lobby. Too bad we kept going. When I put the rails and legs together I realised how ugly the 8/4 poplar was and that I could have easily designed something nicer in my own shop. So back to the drawing board...
I misjudged the amount of tiles I had, so I manufactured some more yesterday. I guess I miscounted the bundles I had made up. I couldn’t find any to buy, so I made some. I made about 60 more tiles.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~This is the area I have left to do in one corner of the main shop area. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Here’s some views of the tiles I made. I used some Black Ash instead of Oak, bu...
About a year ago, my grandfather approached me about building a project with him in his shop. He had done this many times before, but the arrogant kid/teenager/college student never had the time. However, this time I jumped at the idea. I don’t know if it was the timing, the project, etc… but everything seemed to work out. To understand the importance of this, you have to understand that my family is not one of those “close-knit” family units. Everybody is divorced (some a couple of times)...
Just received it. As Matt H. said it would, it came on a pallet, very well packed. Took me 1.5 hours to assemble, being very slow & careful. It does not come with a “starter” hose, so I’ll pick up one of those tomorrow.First project is going to be a back plate for my contractor’s saw to close it up a bit.
Recently after I completed a dresser for my mom, (you can check it out in my projects). It came out real nice and what not. Well so nice that my father was impressed. He wants me to build all new kitchen cabinets but first he wants me to build all new furniture for my bedroom. I thought great! I was planning on it anyway. But here comes the problem. I want to build a new computer desk first. So here is my problem. I’m having a brain fart on how to go about it. Since my computer desk ...
I installed the vanity today and shot a short Video of what it looked like in place. The girl seemed very excited about the new bathroom cabinets but has yet to try them out,I hope she is happy with the configuration. I asked the parents to keep in touch and let me know if any tweaking of the design might be needed for future projects or adapted to others with similar needs.
I had a great time with this challenge last Nov, learned a lot, and made a lot of sawdust. Took a long time to finally get the shop remotely clean after that. I tried to parlay that challenge into doing a project a week for this year. I was off to a good start before work had me on the road way too much. I started a toybox, a bowl, some shop storage, a wineglass, jigs… I forget what else. Now, I’m looking at a few foul weather days and my intention of working in the yard and ga...
It has been a while since I have been in the shop. Once the rain stopped I need to spend several days catching up with all the outside work that needed to be done. Today I was able to get in the shop and mill up some stock to build my picture frame trim that will go around both of the leaded glass doors to make them 3 inches larger and not loose and proportions. By doing this I will have one door for each side cabinet and will be able to use a normal face frame and maximize the interior sp...
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1583 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 395 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 275 entries
- William - 258 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- shipwright - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 199 entries
- stefang - 188 entries
- Rustic - 188 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 181 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 175 entries
- robscastle - 169 entries
- PurpLev - 163 entries
- clieb91 - 159 entries
- StumpyNubs - 152 entries
- littlecope - 150 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 147 entries
- scottb - 144 entries
- kosta - 144 entries
- Blake - 143 entries
- Eric - 139 entries