Today I worked on the front lock face. I put a inlayed piece of bubinga for the key hole trim. This was my first try,just a simple circle. After a few practice pieces I worked on the project part. Turned out pretty good I think. I got the grain off a little. I then cut out the lock body and made the spring. The spring is a piece of hickory 1/16 thick 5/8 wide and 2 7/8 long
For those of you who followed my last blog on making a wooden hinge, I have to apologize for being so late on this followup on how to install it into your box. I was going to use my grandson’s box as an example, but we haven’t done anything more on it yet. However, a box I have had sitting around for some time needed a new hinge because I didn’t like the one I originally installed, so I thought I would take the opportunity to finish the blog. Here are a couple of pics....
Learn To Build Maloof Style Furniture Many woodworkers have long desired to learn the secrets of building a Maloof style rocking chair or other furniture that carried the sensous lines that he made so famous. Scott Morrison is a very successful furniture maker and designer in his own right, and now he is now sharing all of the knowledge, techniques, and secrets to creating a sculpted masterpiece in your own shop. If you have ever considered purchasing instructional DVD’s but we...
A Gathering Place For The Grandkids The shop is becoming a regular gathering place for the grandkids when they visit. I always go through the emotions and thoughts of, “Not now – I have to get this project done.” But once again, I relent and tell the kids, “You know where the stuff is, get it out. And you can set up over there on that end of the bench.” I shouldn’t be working on Sunday anyways – right? The “stuff” includes the ham...
I recieved this 1950’s era Craftsman table (113.221611) saw from my Dad a while back. It was sitting out in his garage for years with a piece of plastic on top. I was so eager to get this project started, I didn’t think to take “before” pictures. As I was getting into it, I started to take a few shots:This is the cabinet after stripping and a coat of primer.This is a few parts in varying stage of re-finish.This one of the side panels, stripped, primed and six coats of ...
Not sure who all heard the news for today, but a lawsuit was won against Ryobi for not incorporating blade stop technology on their saw. This guy apparently fed his hand through the tablesaw and Ryobi is to blame for not protecting him. I hope this gets overturned. I believe blade stop is a good thing to have available but there is a reason why I do not have a SawStop which has to do with cost. If this goes through, there are going to be a ton of lawsuits filed against many saw manufacturer w...
I was just looking up the H.O. Studley tool chest again and found Fine Woodworking's page on it with some images I had not seen, some additional history, and a range of sizes of free, downloadable wallpaper of a nice shot of the chest, which looks like this:
I’ve been finishing up project so I am a little late updating the blog, but the entries are going to come fast and furious now. And maybe I will once again secure the bottom spot on the most blogs list. So this gate is going to be attached to a steel tube frame and needs a crossbeam along the top. I could have cut this part several steps ago but it just seemed to work out this way. I learned awhile ago that it is easier to rip the beam to fit the dado just like cutting a tenon to fi...
So last week I put a bunch of stuff up on ebay, cleaning out the closets, old computer parts, nothing major. Or so I thought! Ended earlier today and i was shocked when I logged in to check it, ended up making almost $150 off of stuff I would have been happy to get a tenth of that for! So just ordered some new router bits with my windfall from Grizzly and Rockler, and then this weekend gonna look for some deals at the flea market (also HF has their parking lot sale coming up soon IIRC) I...
Quick little project and it didn’t take long. Two items I wish I would have spent a little more time planning out before committing myself to cutting action…. 1. I got in a hurry on one of the stretchers and didn’t predrill the hole. So I had a little bit of blowout when driving the screw. 2. I changed my mind on the positioning after I drill a couple holes to house the base. Ummmm, next time I should probably think about that before putting a drill in my hand. Mino...
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1761 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- dbhost - 410 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- mafe - 303 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 239 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- robscastle - 215 entries
- stefang - 214 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Dave Rutan - 209 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 193 entries
- Rustic - 190 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 188 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 188 entries
- Chris Davis - 184 entries
- StumpyNubs - 175 entries
- bandit571 - 168 entries
- PurpLev - 163 entries
- clieb91 - 161 entries
- littlecope - 153 entries
- RaggedKerf - 151 entries
- andyboy - 148 entries