These are from a few weeks back, but there hasn’t been much progress recently. Here are the molds of each station attached to aluminum angle and screwed to the plywood strongback. Finaly something that looks a little like a boat. Everything is very carefully aligned so that the hull comes out symetrical and straight. it still needs some bracing to bring the stations perpendicular with the plywood base, but it’s pretty close (and probably close enough) you can see that ...
Pretty small update today. I worked on this for quite a while last night, actually, but progress was slow. It was a lot of measuring and re-measuring. I mentioned the other day that I cut up a bunch of cherry and mahogany. I still forgot to take a photo of the lot. Ooops. The cherry was salvaged, from a shipping pallet. I have used some pieces of it for my “tiny art” series wall hangings. I had a plank of it with me, that was ready to go for more engraving (It even had one side...
I really love the discussions and thoughts that you all send me on what I write about. It gets me thinking in so many different directions and it gives me a perspective on my work that it is impossible for me to have here on my own. I received so many great ideas in the past couple of days regarding striking a balance with work and the level of designs and not getting burned out. It is as if we are all sitting here having a cup of coffee and discussing these things. There are so many typ...
Today, I have the chance of finishing the last 3 boxes. The target is only till tomorrow. In the morning, I have to be silent, there is no machine running and only handtools. Only in the afternoon that I was able to use my router and portable planer. Here is the progress… The FIFTH box – This was in dovetail and made use of the technique of David’s Box (PATRON).. where you have to make the box complete with top and bottom cover then slice it. I was lucky because the ha...
We’re continuing our special 20,000 LumberJocks Celebration Giveaway. Here’s a brief description of this Giveaway from the original post: We will have one new LJ shirt owner every day for the next 20 days. First ten will be randomly selected from 100 most active members while next 10 will be randomly selected from the remaining 20,000 members. LumberJocks Shirt Winner for today (Day Five) is: Betsy Here’s a list of proud LJ Shirt owners from previous days: Day...
I finished the re-assembly of my desk. A more complete description and more pic’s are in my LJs Projects. Originally finished in lacquer, the piece needed a complete stripping and refinish. This time I used semi-gloss poly. Hopefully it will last.
Hello All, I am starting a new tiny box. I decided to use Jeff the bandsaw to make my initial cuts. I learned a bunch about how to calibrate the table and get a good cut. All in all, it was a great day in the shop. I love my new bandsaw. Thanks everyone who suggested it as being a good choice for my next major tool purchase. http://su.pr/1IZWqt My post tonight is done, despite the power outages trying to stop me! Ha! I got it up anyway. :-) Brian
Last week I’ve made some solid progress on the top. I have all four braces now installed and made headway on the breadboards. The breadboards need some fine tuning to get a good fit. I don’t want to make them too lose so I’m waiting for a bit of time to re-sharpen the plane for some trial and error. I’ve uploaded pics to the blog of the steps involved. Part 1 - The DesignPart 2 - The MortisesPart 3 - The TenonsAsutralian Woodwork Forums
So in preparation for my major kitchen remodel, I have been building some prototype cabinets, frames, etc. Testing my skills and making sure my existing tools and jigs are up to the task. Well my Craftsman router table has a slight warp in it and ruins the last 6” of just about any edge profile. So I made the decision to build a quick and dirty router table with some melamine I had laying around. It was from an old shop cabinet that came apart. Well, while handling it, I gave...
After sleeping on my repair plan, I ventured out to the shop and tackled today’s business. After starting I realized I should be taking some pic’s. We’ll see how well I have learned how to post. Here are a few pics of the leg after drilling out the mortise. Kinda gives you an idea of where I started. After measuring the leg six ways from Sunday I turned this stepped tenon. Here are a couple shots of the prefit. Then it was just glue up, stain, and fin...
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1839 entries
- dbhost - 448 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- mafe - 322 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- Dave Rutan - 265 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 254 entries
- robscastle - 253 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 221 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- bandit571 - 211 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 200 entries
- Rustic - 190 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 188 entries
- Chris Davis - 184 entries
- StumpyNubs - 184 entries
- HappyHowie - 172 entries
- clieb91 - 164 entries
- PurpLev - 163 entries
- littlecope - 154 entries
- andyboy - 151 entries