My first child is due this coming October 3rd , so I decided I would make him a truck. So far I have got the body roughed out and the tires in the works. Hoping to put some paint on this in the next couple of weeks. I got to figure out how to make the axles where they will turn freely and independently any ideas on this ?
At the time of my 1,000 Lumberjock posting, I started this ‘blog series’ with great enthusiasm, anticipating a long LJ Experience where every !,000th Post would be a retrospective and recapitulation of past postings…The 2,000th Plateau was more difficult than expected to discuss and/or “celebrate”... Many personal ‘Life things’ had occurred, and LJ’s was also fraught at the time with ‘Growing Pains’... There seemed, at that time, to ...
No Bull! —My neighbor was pretty impressed when I told him I’d entered a bowl in the County Fair—until he realized it wasn’t spelled “B-U-L-L”. Still, I did all right. I think the prize money is $5. I’ve always told my wife that someday my woodworking would pay off! (Original details of this project were posted on 7/22/15.)
Hi, LJs, I just noticed that today marks the one year anniversary of the first handsawgeek blog post on this site. Tempus Fugit ! I would like to thank all of you who have read, followed, and replied on this collection of sometimes -inane ramblings. I’ve really enjoyed being part of LJs and having the opportunity to become acquainted with many of you. I’ve certainly seen a huge amount of great projects and woodworking skill among the membership of this site. It’s all pretty...
When I left off last time I said that the “furniture” was done. That wasn’t quite true and it took quite a while to finish the job. Because I will have to break these chevalets down for storage (or possibly shipping) I decided to bolt certain joints that I normally glue so they could be dis-assembled. In the case of this arm to post joint it also allows the arm to be reversed to left handed position. I may need that at the school some time. The shipper managed to brea...
Getting my tools ready #24: CHARLES NEIL BANDSAW RESAWING JIG II FOR RESAWING OR SLICING VENEER ON THE SMALL BANDSAW
CHARLES NEIL BANDSAW RESAWING JIG II FOR RESAWING OR SLICING VENEER ON THE SMALL BANDSAW Yep, fellow lumberjock’s another jig for resawing in a small shop from Charles Neil’s video on resawing, which can be found now on his website if you want to see this in action. Several years ago Charles made a DVD on resawing, which I have. I think I asked him to make it, maybe not. But all the credit goes Charles.I’m doing a small blog here on this which I posted as a project. I...
Got to get this thing done! Spent the whole day, fixing the door with a handplane. Added cleats to hold a floor Then cut and install a couple floor boards Didn’t have enough plywood. Planks are 1/2”. Screwed in place,but no glue. Got the corner blocks all installedI can then cut slotted holes. Just drill a hole in center of the block, then rock the drill back and forth towards the sides. This allows the top to expand and contract as it wants. A single screw in ...
Got to shout out to a small business. I just swung by this place which is around the corner from Rockler here. The guy had a good selection of project wood and lumber planed to 15/16 and straight lined. Also sells some good size cut offs and project woods by weight. Great service and I am hoping he stays open long enough for me to come up with a cut list for my next project. He had lots of oak, maple, poplar, cherry, walnut and birch on hand. I did not see any exotics but have little do...
In an attempt to find a finish for curly cherry I have run some tests. I am looking for a finish that (a) brings out the chatoyance, (b) keeps the cherry color close to the natural, and (b) doesn’t muddy up the grain (keeps its contrast). Here are the results so far on the same board sanded to grit 150. Four different schedules oriented top to bottom (Note: no topcoat so far!): (a) two coats of ruby shellac 1 lb. cut;(b) two coats of “Zinsser SealCoat” shellac;(c...
I started this kitchen remodel “project” in the spring of 2013. My only woodworking tools at the time were a circular saw, and a harbor-freight 12” SCMS. The kitchen before the remodel after, Its still in progress, I just installed a apron sink and had to build new doors & face frame for the sink cabinet. and the countertops need replaced with granite. during (2+ years) Along the way I increased my tool collection a bit, err convinced my wife I...
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1624 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 279 entries
- William - 258 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- shipwright - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 199 entries
- stefang - 198 entries
- Rustic - 188 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 187 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 176 entries
- robscastle - 173 entries
- StumpyNubs - 168 entries
- PurpLev - 163 entries
- clieb91 - 159 entries
- littlecope - 151 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 150 entries
- scottb - 144 entries
- kosta - 144 entries
- Blake - 143 entries
- Dave Rutan - 142 entries