- – - – - – - – -Update:I just realized I never posted pictures of the finished door. After reading a few books on finishing, I decided to use Linseed Oil, Shellac, and Wax. I like the fact that these products are all very “natural” and have been used for centuries. And I am really please with the results. After one application of Linseed Oil (boiled) I mixed the shellac myself (there is a place here in San Francisco called Sinopia Pigments that sells...
Self explanatory heading, changing attachments is as easy as loosening a bolt.Here are just a few very short vids of the different attachments being changed.[As requested by Lisa aka Dustbunny.] .. Locator pins make it easy to attach. This one is for the router. .. .. Tightening the bolt from the rear. .. .. Adding the copy attachment bracket. .. .. Using an allen key to tighten up through the access hole in the bracket.. .. .. Adding a dust extract...
My 1st PIECRUST TILT TOP TABLE #8 Well In number 1 – 8 we made the large circler pattern and four 20×20’ patterns that make all the separate parts of the edge details For our pie crust table. Before we use this patterns to make our table we need to make sure all of our patterns are producing even edge details so when make our table we don’t have to hand carve the edge to make it come out properly.Some things we have to keep in mind before starting our table top.We still screw our p...
I got through designing my redwood burl tabletop end table. The sketchuo file is located here. I would like to hear some criticism on this, even though it is my first piece of furniture. I would also like to know if I have the inlay pieces set up correctly. I thought about mitered, but I thought it would look more distinct with darker end gran at the corners. I wouod also like to know if my approximations for the mortise & tenon joints are ok. Let me know… I also created ssome...
July is a very hot month here. Although the rest of the year is very nice, the summers are extreme. I had been hoping to have time to work out in my garage but its nearly unbearable with temp. up to 114 and even hotter in the garage. I recently purchased a porable air conditioner and tried it out today. What a disappointment. It hardly made a difference and the air blew hot. I know many of you deal with very hot summers. Any suggestions? I don’t want to throw away anymore money at the ...
I should have made a few more updates to the project. I have been working on it constantly (which means over the weekend when I can fit it in) over the last 2 months. Since this is my first major project, let me give you a brief recap of the project and the lessons learned so far… there are many. I purchased all the lumber and then let it dry for a couple weeks in the garage. Lesson learned: I really have to put some wieght on PT wood as it dried. I got some crazy bowing and twist...
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2444/3733276241_bb1ebcd71d.jpg?v=0 Yo whats up everybody so I added this text box about the fdny on 9/11 and you would not believe how many emails and comments I have gotten about it. I have gotten over 30 emails in 1 week thats more then any other post that I have ever made here is what it says On september 11, 2001 we lost more then 7 buildings we lost our freedom. Every New Yorker went through hell that day. And I still remember standing there in manha...
Through the spring and into the summer I had been concentration on learning to carve Wizards and Trolls. I finished a few that I will post. Mid June, I was hit by a massive cellulitis infection that curtailed all carving and put me in a rehab center. I hope to be home in a couple of weeks. That’s why you haven’t heard from me. Since I can’t carve where I am, I’m mentally carving by watching tutorials on YouTube and visiting related sites.Thanks to my many friend...
On July 3rd I threw together a chair to bring to the 4th party the following day. I decided to use up some scrap 2×4s. I had no plan, no chair experience, and about 5 hours time in which to make it, so I just sort of winged-it, inventing as I went. Here’s the test-fit of the cut pieces for which I used my miter saw and band saw. It looked somewhat chair-like, at least. I used countersunk deck screws and glue. I banged pieces around in the clamps to get everything exac...
My 1st PIECRUST TILT TOP TABLE #7 In #6 we started routing with a plunge round of bit to start ourPie crust detail. Now were are ready for our 3rd 20×20”Pattern. Similar to the #2 pattern the 3rd pattern has to be set back using the same technique as before. This time because of the size bearing and router bit I set the patternBack 1 ¼” from the #3 pattern. After the same process of smoothing and trial and error I set the newest pattern on the out side edge lines and screw the pattern...
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1218 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 388 entries
- dbhost - 332 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 301 entries
- Martin Sojka - 297 entries
- Karson - 294 entries
- William - 249 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- mafe - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 187 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- Rustic - 183 entries
- PurpLev - 162 entries
- shipwright - 160 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 159 entries
- stefang - 145 entries
- scottb - 144 entries
- kosta - 144 entries
- Eric - 139 entries
- Blake - 138 entries
- littlecope - 133 entries
- GaryK - 131 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 131 entries
- RaggedKerf - 127 entries
- thewoodwhisperer - 127 entries
- Dick, & Barb Cain - 125 entries