Supersanderanswer to so many LJ’s questions Hi guys’ girls. During these last years I have been asked again and again what was this drum sanding thing I often use for shaping. Last it was our friend Kiefer, Klaus that send me a email and here are my best answer. Ladies and gent’s this is the Supersander.Or just a sandpaper on a foam rim, placed on a plastic core.No magic just soft surface rotating sandpaper.And I love it.Even mounted it in my drill press at time...
This is the last blog of the Peterbilt truck. I made 200 picture,s (didn,t use them all) That means an average of slightly more than 10 picture,s per blog entry. The blog took some time but in relation to making the two logging trucks it wasn,t that much. Tomorrow I will ask my daughter to make some project pictures but below the preview: As mentioned before tomorrow hopefully more pictures for label Project. For that reason you may also wait with comments Thanks for watching.
This week has not been one of my favorite weeks of all time. Like everyone else, once in a while we have some crummy days. Mine had decided to come all at the same time it seems. I was having some 'technical difficulties' on Tuesday, and while I intended to spend the day drawing my new designs, I wound up spending the majority of the day 'fixing things' and putting out fires. (not literally). I did have a nice evening though when I threw in the towel and spent the ...
In the heart of the Texas Hill country there is a small German community of Fredericksburg Tx. I attend an old Germanic Gothic style church my great grandfather built and my great Uncle was the Architect circa 1903. The church committee has commissioned me to design and build a new Altar. I am honored and humbled to start this project for my roots go deep into the very fabric of the church foundation. Here is the first of many entry’s in my journey to build the Altar . The first hurdl...
I love working with the T and J plans but there is one thing I don,t like and that is making handles, mirrors and so on. This little stuff is made out of 2,3mm (3/32”) dowels. Dowells of 2,3 mm are hard to get in europe so I use 3 mm (almost 1/8”). I do the glueing with CA. Below you see a couple of picture,s from the way I try to press it together. Is there someone who can give me an advise to do this easier. You are welcome!! Thanks for watching.
Below a few pictures of what went wrong. After sanding there was a naturel crack in the roof: I decided to fix it with PVAc glue: When I was sanding the exhaust pipe and pulled too hard on the sanding paper he brook: When I was sanding the frame on the disk sander he fell out of my hands and one edge was considerably demaged. I glued a another piece in it: Four times a broken jamb:e The bottom of the frame I glued in a wrong direction: And that’s why I had to replac...
I don’t condone drug use but I can understand the addiction because of my addiction to saw dust and glue. It seems that I can’t wait to get out in the shop and create something. Lately it’s been RingMaster bowls since I almost have the machine figured out.I especially enjoy using aromatic cedar as the color in many of my bowls because it’s so unpredictable regarding streaks and blemishes.
Well here I am back again with the afternoons progress. I finished all the drawer bases using available MDF and Plywood 2x were MDF offcuts and 7 x were Plywood offcuts. I then dry fitted everything together to ensure it was ready to glue. I set to work glueing everything up using a paint brush to apply the Titebond III. Once they were glued on went the band clamps and a check for squareness done.As I didnt have enough band clamps the drawers were done in three secessions whicj ...
We left off the Chest yesterday after making the 6×30mm Drawers and me being unhappy with the results. Well today I revisited the joints and the mess I had made of them. Rather than scrap the lot and do finger joints I opted to attempt a workable repair. This took quite a lot of self encouragement as I didnt think it was at all achieavable however I was wrong. How I did it:-1 I examined all the six drawers and the missmatched sections and marked the sections of material needing ...
Well, went out to Lowes today, and spent just over a $20 bill. Brought home five boards. Going to try to build a Shaker Table, hopefully with a drawer in it. The wood supply? A 2×4x8’ two 1×6x8’, and a couple 1×8 x~ 3’ I do have some scraps of pine down in the Dungeon Shop, too. Figured out I needed four legs @ 1-1/2×1-1/2×30”, and took the 2×4 down the steps to the Dungeon… Placed to board across both benches. and ...
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1535 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 394 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- mafe - 253 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- shipwright - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 199 entries
- stefang - 187 entries
- Rustic - 186 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 177 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 165 entries
- PurpLev - 163 entries
- robscastle - 160 entries
- clieb91 - 156 entries
- littlecope - 148 entries
- scottb - 144 entries
- StumpyNubs - 144 entries
- kosta - 144 entries
- Blake - 143 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 140 entries
- Eric - 139 entries