LumberJocks Woodworking Blogs

  • Advertise with us
View jrecord's profile

My workshop #8: Lighting calculator site

09-29-2009 01:05 AM by jrecord | 3 comments »

I think I used

Read this entry »

View John Fleming's profile

Going to Woodworking School #3: Safety and more Safety

10-30-2009 10:49 PM by John Fleming | 3 comments »

Our first day of class was reviewing the safety rules and procedures for the entire school curriculum. As you can imagine with over 180 new students using power and hand tools safety has to be an important part of the training we will receive. Each student must complete the safety test. This test is 200 questions covering all safety issues. Since it is an open book test the 50 page companion Safety manual will guide us through each power tool. It is a lot common sense tied to specific rule...

Read this entry »

View Dustmite97's profile

New Toys For Christmas!

12-31-2009 06:27 PM by Dustmite97 | 3 comments »

This christmas was great! I got some really nice new tools for the shop and they work great. So here they are: Ryobi 13 inch thickness planerRyobi benchtop bandsaw2 micron filter bag for my dust collectorCraftex dovetail/box joint jig With these tools I can now take my woodworking to the next level and make even better projects. Go to my workshop to see pictures.

Read this entry »

View Bobby's profile

Discovering my Bandsaw

02-02-2010 04:38 AM by Bobby | 3 comments »

About 8 years ago I decided that I should have a bandsaw. However, not knowing anything about them, I just bought a Delta because of it’s name. I didn’t have a clue about what I was getting myself into. I was all excited when I got it home and I couldn’t wait to try it out. After a few cuts my excitement turned into disappointment. I couldn’t make it cut straight, even with the fence that I bought with it. It was so bad that even the little red plastic disk got...

Read this entry »

View DoctorDan's profile

Dan's Blackbutt Roubo Bench #9: Handles: Part 2

04-06-2010 10:25 AM by DoctorDan | 3 comments »

Some of you may remember a previous post, where I was looking for someone to turn the handles required for the bench. Old Pete from the Australian Woodwork Forums answered the call. The original handle brain storm. The completed project, arrived in the mail today. The timber is Australian Blackwood. Pete, was more than generous, turned two alternate handles for the wheels, and two handles for the pins, and offered to re-make them if they don’t feel right. I do like the online wood...

Read this entry »

View twokidsnosleep's profile

Spin off projects

05-31-2010 07:18 AM by twokidsnosleep | 3 comments »

These are some of the jigs and such I made to get going on my box project. A zero clearance plate and a push-stick that my son said looked like a shark, so….. A miter sled made from scraps and a MDF shelf for the base A jig for cutting the splines, a Doug Stowe design off of his “Basic Box Making” DVDI also canabalized a pine shelf for it I thought I made a cross cutting sled, but it must be in the mess of my garage.Anyways, thanks for looking:)

Read this entry »

View macatlin1's profile

My Start #4: The Move

06-06-2011 03:03 PM by macatlin1 | 3 comments »

When I last left off I had moved my shop to the garage and started doing projects. Then my wife Linda started looking for a job out of state. Soon she was interviewing in North and South Carolina and in Tennessee. Meanwhile, I started deciding what to take and what to sell. My small metal lathe had been occupying a space on the floor, gathering dust between the times I used it for small jobs so I decided to make a case for it and all the little accessories that go along with it. Somethin...

Read this entry »

View thiswoodshop's profile

Mobile woodshop

06-20-2011 05:16 PM by thiswoodshop | 3 comments »

Hi, Just read about this mobile woodshop. I think this is a great idea to keep kids engage and keep interest in the trade alive in the younger generation. This is a great idea. Insert from his website… Welcome to Willie’s Woodshop Since 1985,  Stephen Willner (Willie) has been working in a  classroom and credentialed by state of California , teaching basic woodworking skills to  children. He is now moving to his classroom to a converted  ...

Read this entry »

View gurnie's profile

Harmonica case #2: Part 2: How to make wood look like brick

07-20-2011 07:02 PM by gurnie | 3 comments »

I spent some time refining the “brick building” technique. I originally was going to do it with a dremel tool, but the lines weren’t straight enough for my liking. So I did some more experimenting and decided I am hand chiseling this. First I draw my brick marks in pencil. Each brick is about 5/8” long, 1/4” high. I draw out my pattern using a square and a pencil, alternating the pattern up the piece. then i use a chisel to dap along the line N...

Read this entry »

View PurpLev's profile

Machinist Toolcart #13: Finishing Touch

09-16-2011 03:39 AM by PurpLev | 3 comments »

After realigning the drawers by fixing the slides, and trimming some drawers, I made sure everything fits. I predrilled 3 holes in the drawer fronts through the pull slots that will later be covered, one in the center, and 1 on each side: I transferred the center hole from the drawer front to the drawer and once alignment was satisfactory I transfered the other 2 holes as well: I used my combination square ruler to space the fronts from each other, and made sure that all the dra...

Read this entry »

« prev 1 ... 3226 3227 3228 3229 3230 3231 3232 ... 4912 next »
49116 entries

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics