I did a little review of a few plastic gadgets I have and use in my shop. I cover the GluBot, the Preppin’ Weapon, and the Grr-ripper. These all fall under the category of “should have turned out to be junky plastic crap, but weren’t”. Let me know what you think… http://dcwwoodworks.com/blog/2016/6/28/favorite-plastic-shop-gadgets
Figured I better get the insides done before I get the wild hair and close this thing up.I’m finding that I have a bad habit of thinking about something that needs done then the next day going and forgetting about it and doing something that make it hard or near impossible to do it after the fact.So get the inside done then on we go.
It would appear that I have been putting off finishing the A/C repairs on the Saturn off just a wee bit too long…. We don’t drive that car much because, well we have the Malibu that is a much nicer car, especially with my back issues, I don’t have to contort my back to get in and out of it like I do the Saturn. Well Sunday night my wife and I were driving out somewhere, don’t recall off hand, about 9 P.M. ish when we heard a horrid noise and the car heated up in ...
As we move onto Part 3 of The Gents saw conversion tutorial, we focus on cutting the saw plate and drilling the holes for the split nuts. To help us with this endeavor, we will use Dykem Steel Blue, which is used to help make for easy and accurate layout. While the saw plate is away from the saw back, put some layout fluid on top of the plate where you plan to make cuts and drill holes. Make sure you have the teeth facing the correct direction, or you may end up with a Western s...
Here’s what I decided to make, more or less. I drew up some plans. I followed them pretty closely, but did change a few thicknesses of some of the stretchers. I red-lined them and will save them fro later. Plan of the chair back.Plan of the chair seat/legs, from the top.I glued up some blanks for the chair seats. Some people don’t like the “mismatch” of hickory, but I absolutely love it. The more contrast, the better, I think.I cut out two templates (the second o...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7WtAFzQIVU So in the last month I realised that I needed to get my YouTube act together. I want to strive towards and to do this I realised I need to become more consistent and put my effort into social media! I want to aim towards at least a video every 2 weeks if not weekly while also putting more effort into the editing of the videos themselves. But I need your help, your sharing, commenting, rating and most importantly subscribing helps grow my...
I started on the headboard, naturally, with milling (and milling, and milling) the various parts down to just larger than their final size. I neglected to take a picture of my wood pile before I started, so you’ll have to use your imagination and picture this pile about eight boards high by two across. This picture is after I got done with the headboard pieces: I had to get parts for the two posts, a bottom rail, and an upper and lower rail for the panels at the top of the headbo...
New Vintage 20" BandSaw Project, Rust Removal & Biesemeyer Fence Install #2: Restore & Install biesemeyer fence on the BandSaw
Be sure to check out the first part of this series where I get the saw & refurbish it… The old biesemeyer fence I am using was originally off a powermatic table saw. The shop I got it from had it set up on a saw that was used strictly for running dados. For that they cut the rails short & it only had a 18” rip capacity which worked out great for this bandsaw because I would have felt bad having to cut the rails down my self. I always feel bad modifying old vintage stuff, I...
New Vintage 20" BandSaw Project, Rust Removal & Biesemeyer Fence Install #1: rust removal on cast iron top & refurbish action multiple videos
Video links below… Recently I purchased an older 20” bandsaw. I need a larger bandsaw that can handle anything I throw at it.. I think I found that in a mid 70’s Rockwell 20” wood cutting bandsaw. It probably came out of a school wood shop. The motor is 2hp, it has two speeds which can be adjusted with the belt, it has already been upgraded with carter guides, this big boy saw weighs over 600 lbs. I made several videos regarding this saw which i’ll post below. ...
A friend asked me to make a humidor for him after seeing some of my other projects. Having never made one, of course I said yes.Started off with a simple rabbit joint for the box frame. Added some maple trim on the corners and brought it down flush with my no.5 1/2 Added a walnut ply in a rabbit to the top and bottom Next up the top and bottom caps at 3/8” thick This walnut crotch is from a 4/4 chunk that I book matched to give it a subtle nod to a tobacc...
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1767 entries
- dbhost - 419 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- mafe - 304 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 246 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 220 entries
- robscastle - 218 entries
- Dave Rutan - 213 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 193 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 190 entries
- Rustic - 190 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 188 entries
- Chris Davis - 184 entries
- StumpyNubs - 178 entries
- bandit571 - 173 entries
- PurpLev - 163 entries
- clieb91 - 161 entries
- littlecope - 153 entries
- RaggedKerf - 151 entries
- andyboy - 150 entries