Well after I posted my 4 previous Rocketships I became inspired to make another one from all the great comments I got so here it goes.
Progress is underway on Rocketship Mark V. This time I did some glued segments for the main body. Woods used are Maple and Mahogany.
Glue up. I found a new tool for the workshop. Wax paper. Made the segmented glue up much easier and less clean up. Saw a guy using on it his turning webpage.
I mounted a dowel in both ends to help lineup the nose cone and the engine.
Mounted on the lathe and ready to go.
Main body rounded.
Ready for some fins
Mark VI is also underway. Sneak peak.