As mentioned here, I did most of the work of building a breakfast table as part of a class. The base is sanded and ready for finishing, but the top needed more work. Inlay channels were already cut during the class, and the table departed looking like this:
Still to do: cut/glue/plane walnut inlays to length, sand the top-top w/ 80 grit before routing top and bottom table edges, sand the whole top, and finish. So here is step one. My intent was to have the routing and sanding done today, but an error (and other tasks) put a crimp into those plans, so here is what I’ve got:
Inlays cut and glued:
Inlays planed down:
Inlay planing oops:
Right now, there is a tiny triangular chip of wood glued and clamped into that mistake… in an hour or so I’ll gently take some sand paper to it to see where I am.
And wood porn for the plane enthusiasts in the crowd: