Well, this baby has already been put to use. It’s actually been in this condition for 2 weeks, but I hadn’t gotten around to snapping the pics.
It’s functionally done, although there are 4 small things I will be doing before calling it done:
1. Drill the speed-pin holes in the face-clamp bars (was planning to do it tonight, until I realized I don’t have a large enough bit for drilling metal).
2. Add a planing hook. That should take all of 15 minutes.
3. Cut a few appropriately sized blocks for clamp guards on both clamp setups.
4. Add another stretcher at the same height, so that I can throw a couple tool totes below (mainly planning to store my planes there). I have the stretcher already thicknessed and ripped to width, just need to cut to length, drill/cut the relief out and install it.
Finally, in the spring, I will plane/scrape/sand it down and apply 2 coats of BLO to it. Until then, I’ve only done a bit of nominal scraping to smooth the surface, as is obvious in this pic of the staggered cherry top:
Once I finish those, it goes from blog to project :-)