Had I realized there are a total of 40 decorative plugs and splines required for each table I might have chosen some other project. This is going to get real tedious by the time I’m done but I think it will be worth it…
The bread board spline is pretty straight forward. Here’s a trial spline I made with hickory and a black sharpie for practice:
For the plugs on the legs I made a few jigs to help mark the cuts. If I just layed them out with pencil I’m sure I would have screwed up a bunch of them. I really wish I had cut these before I assembled the frames. Then it would have been easy to just make a new leg if I screwed one up. These jigs should significantly reduce the likelyhood of that though:
After lots of trial and error and practice with the jigs I finally got brave enough to try doing the plugs on the back of one table:
-- Don - I wood work if I could. Redmond WA.