I almost titled this “Screw Up #2” since I had a little mishap when cutting the spline slots on the first top I made. I had my router set up in a table and cut the slots in all of the breadboard ends. Then I pulled the whole router with plate out of the table, flipped it over, and cut the slots on my top. Then I discovered that the router had somehow moved a strong 1/32” and the slots were noticably off center. I let out a pretty good string of 4 letter words but then realized that this was actually a good thing. I still had to glue up another top and was using lumber bought at a different time than the original lumber so my 2 tops weren’t going to match very well anyway and I had more than enough lumber to make 2 more. I also still needed to cut the bottom shelfs and the first top was large enough to be cut down for a shelf. So I really didn’t lose any work and will have a better matching set of tables when I’m done. I also tightened down the locking mechanism on my routers to prevent this from happening again.
I’ve now got both tops cut to size and along with the breadboards:
Aside from the tops I’ve also got the drawers hung and fitted plus the top rails cut and ready to attach to the frames:
-- Don - I wood work if I could. Redmond WA.