Well I’m back on track after last weeks screw up with the tenons. I’ve got them all fixed and fitting properly now. I’m relearning a lot more than I expected with the mortise and tenons. I’ve done them before but it’s been about 20 years and I forgot a lot more than I realized.
I finished cutting the cloud lifts on the legs and got all the parts for the base to a point where I was able to start dry fitting them. Now I mostly just have a lot of sanding and I’ll be able to start glueing these up.
I also had to build 2 more jigs. On the jig I built for cutting the bottom of the rails I used a solid piece of wood rather than screws to hold the rail in place like Darrell shows in his article. Now I know why he did it that way. The same jig needs to be used to cut the much wider side panels also. Insted of fixing the other jig I just used it as a template to cut a second one. I also completlely forgot a bout a jig for the cloud lift detail on the bottom of the legs. I started on it a couple of weeks ago and finished it up today. It’s a bit different than Darrells but it does the job.
-- Don - I wood work if I could. Redmond WA.