Today I piddly farted around and put the catches into the door frames. They are friction catches and needed to be mortised in. All turned out well there.
They hold the doors shut really well and look nice.
I had to take a break from the carving as it was killing my shoulders, not used to that hard work :)
So I decided to get French..
No! Not like that you sicko!
I milled up some slats to inset into the door frames with a lip similar to the back of the cabinet. This will allow me to move things around as I need to and put more frequently used tools where I can get at them easier.
I was thinking if I wanted to I could run a set screw up through the bottom to hold them securely in place.
I will design some fun holders to stick on there that hopefully go with the design.
I liked using the mortiser and square pegs to hang the spokeshaves so I tested that out on a scrap.
Oh, and I got finish put on the drawers.
I will get back at carving tomorrow and I am hoping to start the bench later this week.
Be safe and have fun woodworking.
-- Brian Noel