LumberJocks

Pine Pantry Cupboard

  • Advertise with us
Blog series by bandit571 updated 06-24-2017 01:34 AM 9 parts 7361 reads 11 comments total

Part 1: start up

05-23-2017 10:27 PM by bandit571 | 0 comments »

Well, been awhile. Rescued some old 2×4s from the backyard, cut out the bad parts, and then resaw the rest.Was a few boards, but not what I needed for this project. Seems the Boss wants a larger Pantry cupboard….. Trip to Menards for a few boards. 4 1 x 8 x 6', 3 1×4 x 6’, and a pair of 1×10s by 6’. atched up the 1×8s and glued them up into two panels.. These will be the sides of the cupboard. The two skinny boards used to be one of th...

Read this entry »


Part 2: Webframes....

05-24-2017 07:33 PM by bandit571 | 0 comments »

Ok, part 2. Those 1xs with the sawn edges, they were smoothed out and jointed this morning….made a bit of a mess on the floor.. Wanted to get the parts as close to matching each other as i could. Laid out for some tenons to be cut on the ends of the short parts.. Again, I wanted all of these to match each other. Set up a jig on the bandsaw, and then reset for the rest of the cuts. That “thing” sitting beside the tenons? Is a mortise jig I use. Attached t...

Read this entry »


Part 3: Face frame, and a little assembly

05-28-2017 04:44 AM by bandit571 | 4 comments »

See IF I can get caught up here… Top of the face frame while clamped up…..someday, I will have shorter clamps…Hard hat area! Test fit the top webframe, as well.. Down at the bottom, I did find a few shorter clamps….bottom webframe sitting there, out of the way…. Now the cussing can begin. One man shop, with barely enough room for my fat body…...and I am dancing around with this “thing” that is an inch taller than I am, and over ...

Read this entry »


Part 4: Top installed

05-30-2017 02:51 PM by bandit571 | 1 comment »

Just a quick catch-up…Got the blank for the top out of the clamps. Laid it up on top of the case. Marked how much to trim off. Set up the jig on the bandsaw, and cut for width. Framing square to mark the ends square, bandsaw to trim. Cleared a BIG spot on the bench,, And used the Jumbo Jack to flatten both faces. Block plane for the end grain, and make a slight bevel to the edges. Took a quarter out of my pocket, and laid out a curve on the front two corners.. Then u...

Read this entry »


Part 5: Shelves getting installed

05-31-2017 12:49 AM by bandit571 | 1 comment »

Things are moving along now. Managed somehow to clear just enough bench space to cut the first plywood blank into a few shelves. Shelves neede to be about 27-1/2” long, maybe 14” wide. Bottom shelf was done first, as the others will reference off of it. Had a couple cleats cut to just the right length. Used those to mark the saw cuts. Framing square to connect the dots. That little saw was set to barely cut through the plywood. First one was cut, and installed.. ...

Read this entry »


Part 6: Shelves done, back is started

06-02-2017 04:29 AM by bandit571 | 0 comments »

Ok, got all the shelves done.. even after having to fix a couple.. Shelf #2 and #3 needed adjusted a bit….right sides were a bit lower than the left, and #3 was the worst. Errors tend to add up faster than the IRS. Once the fix was done, I added cleats for shelf #4 and #5…..that was the easy part. I used a box of Mash Potato Mix to set the heights of the cleats, and a framing square to to the cleats level front to back. Today, I had to clear off the bench.. Added a...

Read this entry »


Part 7: Back is completed

06-04-2017 04:35 PM by bandit571 | 2 comments »

Well, a little bit of catching up.. Had a couple strong armed ( and back) youngsters ( 22 and 24 yr olds) haul the case up out of the shop… And get the Boss’ approval. Finished pantry will go against the wall… And replace this “too small” cupboard. Today, I decided to bring things upstairs to cut the last piece for the back. I have a saw bench outside on the back patio. Hauled the tools upstairs with no problems…..getting the back up th...

Read this entry »


Part 8: One door done..

06-23-2017 12:36 AM by bandit571 | 0 comments »

And one to go. Last weekend, I was away from the shop for a while. Had some tools to rehab. I went and got a few supplies for this Pantry Project. Turned out I needed a couple more items, more on that later. Ok, plan was to rip one of the 1×10s right down the middle. Not enough room in the shop….6’ board…cut it down to 5’1”.....much better. Bandsaw to do the rip. Needed to cut another 1×10 to that 61” length. Joint an edge, appl...

Read this entry »


Part 9: Door #2 installed...

06-24-2017 01:34 AM by bandit571 | 3 comments »

Ok, door panel came out of the clamps today. I hauled it up to the Pantry to make sure it will fit. needed to trim one end a bit, and rip about 7/8” off one edge. Set things up to remove all the bandsaw markings.. Used both of these jointers.. To get the edges straight and saw mark free. Used a small plane to do the glue line leveling And got the panel set just right to make a lip on the correct edge.. Just a plough plane….Stanley No. 45 Once I got the spur o...

Read this entry »



DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com