Many of you know about the 1987 Delta Unisaw that I bought earlier this week and many also know about what I wish to do with it.
The machine is in excellent condition, the paint is immaculate and and there is only a little surface rust on the table but it is 25 years old and it does not do everything I want to do in the present condition.
For you who are not aware of my plan, here is what I desire to accomplish with this saw:
- : General detail inspection and cleaning.
- : Some dis-assembly
- : Replace the belts.
- : Clean the rust from the table
- : Install a Bork riving knife and blade protector with dust collection
- : Remove it from the mobile base and build a base so that finished the saw will be co-planar with my existing out-feed table/cabinet.
- : Install a router table extension, already ordered but back-ordered 2 weeks. #: Install paddle switch for safety
- : Install the Bosch 1611 plunge router in the router extension table which in addition involve the construction of a router lift, none being available for this router (ready my post about this issue)
- : Build a cabinet with dust extraction for the router.
- : Install the new fence.
- : Build from scratch an effective dust collection system involving the construction of baffles inside the cabinet.
- : Install the motor cover that I just bought.( I realized last nigh in my bed that just like on my existing R4511, the motor cover is on the “wrong” side of the cabinet as my router extension and cabinet will be on the same side of the saw and that I cannot open it as a door)
- : Final adjustments
As I go, I shall document my progress with pictures.
Any comment is welcome.
( I received the new fence yesterday and already I have some issue with it. I shall write about it later)
Time permitting I shall start the work later today or may be tomorrow.
Thank you for reading.